M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am just started building my first M1A/M14. I don't think I truly realized how much a daunting process this will be. The only pieces I currently have right now is a walnut stock that I stripped and refinished and a gas cylinder. I know how much the major higher dollar items are like the receiver, barrel, bolt, ext.....I am hoping that some people here could help me find some deals on some of these particular items. Thank you very much.

SGT Tristan Keeler

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
the good deals are long gone on good m14 parts. if you want to build a nice one your gonna have to dig deep into your pockets its the unfortunate downside to loving this weapon. they are very satisfying though

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Well if you are in no hurry, the PX is a great place to find parts. But sometimes thise parts go in minutes. You will soon find out who may have some sppare parts and then just contact them directly...Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I think its cheaper to buy it whole. I am looking for the experience of building my own. I'm online all day hunting for parts.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Yeah I think its cheaper to buy it whole. I am looking for the experience of building my own. I'm online all day hunting for parts.
thats the route i prefer to take because nobody else is gonna care more about how well the build turns out asthe owner not to mention the cost and wait involved with sending your receiver and parts off to some builder. If you get a good receiver like a rockola/LRB or fulton it should go together very smoothly and nothing beats the feeling of building your own from scratch start to finish

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Your best bet is to buy a barreled action and finish the build. Other wise you need a receiver wrench, barrel vise, headspace guages, and alignment tools for getting your barrel indexed correctly. That's if your bolt headspaces good.

·
Administrator
17,662 Posts
Great decision in registering here and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often dockeeler. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

DI5

·
Premium Member
5,065 Posts
Welcome from central MS. You came to the right place to get help....lots of knowledgeable and friendly folks on this forum

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,883 Posts
Welcome from SoCal! Fulton Armory has holiday sales on receivers, they are good to go.
m14brian

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
If you can wait a bit, read the forthcoming reviews regarding the new James River Rock-ola receivers. Reviews have been favorable so far, but too few have been received by end users and they haven't been shot enough to conclude anything. Maybe by the time you've found all the other parts we'll know if JRA has a winner. BTW, JRA does sell their own bolts also. Might be cheaper to buy a barreled action from them.

Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of friendly, knowledgeable individuals here that are gold mines of information. Just reading their posts taught me enough to build my last M1A from a kit minus having the barrel installed and headspaced. So far it's shooting better than it should be. These guys rock!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts