M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody...I hope you're all doing well what with the crazy weather that's been affecting the country. It's a warm 84F here in LA...not too bad for April! Anyway, I wanted to know if the old USGI Springfield Armory ever made trigger/sear assemblies. If they did, how were they marked? I'm slowly putting together an all-SA trigger group and I'd like to gather as many NIW USGI SA parts as possible. So far, I have a trigger housing with a new hammer on the way. I also have an unmarked trigger guard and the hammer & trigger pins. I'll pick up the safety, springs, plunger and tube one of these days...I have so many irons in the fire right now that it's difficult to afford all of the toys I'm working on. Thanks for your help everyone!

GI2

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I've never seen a "marked" trigger/sear but most of the NIW ones will have "Springfield Armory" on the wrap. Be sure to get a properly "SA" marked safety. I got lucky and found a mint complete SA trigger group a few years ago. It's the old style with the brazed pin on the trigger guard instead of the folded tab to reset the hammer. I love my USGI SA parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.