M14 Forum banner

Building a M14

685 Views 15 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  BillySteph
I purchased a M1A/M14 manufactured in Dec 2009/Jan 2010. I am still very, very new to all this. But I saw two items sell this morning that made me wonder why not build one. It was a Winchester receiver with a matching barrel dated 1963 bolt and few extras, and the other item that sold was a very nice stock with a couple of cartouches and of course had the cut out for the selector switch (I would throw a dummy selector in there). I figure between this board and a couple of fellas I have chatted with and other researching. I will be able to find all parts and get one together, using as many USGI parts as I can. I love my first purchase but I wished I would have found an earlier one but that’s ok. Not sure why I was so unsure about building one. How many have you guys assembled one? Thanks, Billy
1 - 2 of 16 Posts
What is printed on the side of this Winchester receiver under the op rod track?
About a year or two ago I saw on gunbroker one of the bula James River builds with the replacement GI heel. Maybe that is where the Winchester heel stamped is coming from.
I managed to pick up a few of those when JRA was doing them. Made wonderful additions to the herd. Same rifles may show up in different poses, but you get the idea. Whatta Hobby!

Tin Luggage and bags Bag Cylinder Metal
Musical instrument Gas Metal Ammunition Machine
Camera accessory Camera lens Gas Digital camera Cylinder
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Bumper Machine tool
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tread
Gas Font Auto part Event Titanium
Camera accessory Camera lens Cameras & optics Reflex camera Gas
See less See more
Reactions: 1
1 - 2 of 16 Posts