M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 22"Bbl marked Winchester 7790190-Sept-63-39R and allso by the chamber it has a M and some more writing.I allso have an OP Rod marked winchester.How hard is it going to be to find a bolt,and anything elese to complete this build.I'm thinking of going with a 7.62MM reciever to start with,and if I can't find a bolt I'll proably go with their's,allso did Winchester make a Trigger group and if so what markings should I look for.If anyone has some of these parts I would be interested in buying them.The Barrel is a 0 at the muzzle,and a 0 at the throat,the fellow that I traded with only put about 150rnds.through it before he changed the barrel out to a Douglas Heavy Bbl.and turned the rifle into a SuperMatch and I got the rifle and barrel during a trade.The SuperMatch Rifle that I traded for has a TRW Bolt,HRA Trigger group,and a HRA OP Rod.Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
424 Posts
TJC--I think if you wait long enough and stay on the ball you can find all the Winchester parts you need. It seems like every week or so I see some Winchester parts on WTS. You won't be satisfied if you compromise your vision.

I shot an all Winchester M14 rifle in 2001 while I was in South Africa. Shoots like a dream. The man who owned it, a Game Ranger from Kruger National Park, actually culls elephants with it.

Good luck with your build.

·
Administrator
18,153 Posts
Research, the only good game in town anymore......

Morning tjc357,

It took me two years collecting for an all Winchester build, on a LRB build. Like BlackArrow posted above, they are out there, just take your time and search them out, only the best will do. Good luckDI5

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
You're in luck I just so happened to have my Poly-Tech M-14/S sitting beside my desk and it has a Winchester trigger group in it. The numbers are:

7267030 88118

7th

·
Registered
708 Posts
tjc357,
Patience and diligent pursuit are almost always rewarded. Good luck in your quest. All the Winchester op rods I have seen were marked 66118. The bolts and trigger groups have been marked either OM (Olin Mathieson) or 66118. Barrels observed were always marked with the classic italic Winchester but not always in the traditional location. Never seen a 66118 magazine but I have a couple of OM in my collection. HTH

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
IIRC I saw a Winchester bolt listed on GB recently....maybe keep an eye out over there periodically...

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Thanks is there any other marks or stamp on it.
The Winchester TG's will be marked with the previously mentioned drawing number and 66118 or will have OM-N on the housing left side by the drawing number. Either one is much sought after. We get to fighting over them in the PX sometimes...knock down drag out fights let me tell you....don't even mention TRW down there !!!DI5....Thank goodness they don't allow bidding and auctions here...it could get nasty....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
are interested in buying TRIGGER FULL HRA complete and OP-ROD HRA for my M14
You can send me in Italy?
I await response
email address: g.loder @ tiscali.it
Regards

·
Registered
153 Posts
-

One of the CMP kits I bought was all Winchester parts. You can either visit a CMP store or find someone who's going to look through the parts kits for a Winchester and have them buy it for you. I lucked out and bought a Winchester bolt/barrel off here in short order but you need to check PX often to not miss out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts