M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to put together a bug out bag, and wondering what is out there on the market as far as the bag itself. I know of Maxpedition's stuff, but was wondering if you guys could make some suggestions as far as others to consider.

·
Registered
870 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
There are several good video reviews of the eberlestock backpacks. Here are a few I like of my Dragonfly.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRFaCD6KVcE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fj7K5-sd0k[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucLLIpbdkis[/ame]

·
Rest in Peace
2,058 Posts
I've got an Eberlestock. Very high quality, but frankly its carrying capacity is pretty small if you think in terms of holding more than bare essentials. OTOH, I may have the smallest size they make. Frankly, I don't know.

Check out the surplus packs available from one of our site sponsors, Signal Surplus. Everything I've bought from them is like new and the prices are some of the best you'll find (there's a Firing Line discount code when using their website). The optimum size for a B.O.B. is a matter of personal choice - do you want a small pack for just the basic food, water, and ammo or do you want to add a change of clothes, first aid supplies, camp stove, etc, etc, etc.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
I agree with Gun Rider, Kifaru and Eberlestock packs are the best. If you're looking for something of decent quality but more affordable, I recommend Camelbak. The Camelbak BFM is a nice BOB, IMO.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I've got an Eberlestock. Very high quality, but frankly its carrying capacity is pretty small if you think in terms of holding more than bare essentials. OTOH, I may have the smallest size they make. Frankly, I don't know.

Check out the surplus packs available from one of our site sponsors, Signal Surplus. Everything I've bought from them is like new and the prices are some of the best you'll find (there's a Firing Line discount code when using their website). The optimum size for a B.O.B. is a matter of personal choice - do you want a small pack for just the basic food, water, and ammo or do you want to add a change of clothes, first aid supplies, camp stove, etc, etc, etc.
I don't think you've looked at models like the DragonFly.

If you zip the Super Spike Duffle onto the DragonFly, even without the other accessory pouches, I doubt if you could carry it far if you filled it up completely. You could easily put 80 pounds in there. That's what I like about the Eberlestock DragonFly. It goes from a day pack to a MAJOR expedition pack. Take the top off and you have a dual hydration fanny pack. Unzip the duffle and you can cache supplies for local recon. You could put on a side scabbards and carry multiple rifles plus a compound bow, in addition to the build in scabbard. I have the 107M, which is the military version with a solid back panel, instead of the meat mesh. And if you put a Multipack on the front it's ideal for binoculars, compass and other small stuff. The hydration straws are alway handy.

http://www.eberlestock.com/A2MP MultiPouch.htm

But, they do cost a bit more, but REAL quality.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Check out the TABAGO Large Cargo bag - very comfortable pack with plenty of room for gear - I use it for just about everything.

You can usually find it for a good price at majors surplus and supply

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I'm also a very happy Signal Surplus customer...

I have a medium ruck on a frame, 3 of their waterproof bags and some other stuff. Even with shipping I can't buy it cheaper locally, and it's all been first-rate stuff.

I also have a Tactical Tailor 3-day pack, it's pretty handy and is my travel bag (it fits into overhead aircraft bins) and holds, well, about 3 days worth of stuff.

I do need to come up with a better solution to carry my rifle, though...

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
First thanks for the kind words from those who have mentioned us.

We have the ALICE packs which have always been my go to bag. For a BOB I prefer the large ALICE as it's big enough to hold at least five days worth of stuff. We also have some smaller patrol packs which can be used to hold one to two days worth of stuff. The mediums are also good for the three to four days worth of gear. So really we have a good range of packs depending on your needs. For instance if your destination is only twenty miles away a medium ALICE should be good.

Right now we are in the process of adding some more packs that will add even more of a choice to our pack selection.

Our discount code for you guys is simply "M1A".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.