M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Years ago before I purchased my first hand gun. It is a Arcus 94 Miltex. A pretty decent clone of the Browning High Power. There are slight differences about it as far as outside appearance goes.

Since the late '90s I have put thousands and thousands of rounds through this gun. I believe the rifling is shot out. Does anyone know if a new barrel or used barrel from a high power will fit? Also, I am curious on your opinions as to whether or not this would even be worth the expense. I believe in 1998 or 1999 I paid $225 for the pistol. Ammo back then was cheap and everything was bought with the consideration of whether or not it was pre-ban or post-ban. I remember being able to obtain a box of PMC 9mm for $5.50 a box of 50. Compared to nowadays that is WAY different.

Again, not a thread about our ammo-economy of our past but more so about this pistol of mine. Will a Browning barrel fit and if so, is it worth it?

I cant find parts for this gun anywhere...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
I have only handled one.....it was a bit bigger/bulkier than my BHP MK111. It almost looked like a BHP and a Sig mated and had a baby.....

They still manufactuer them in Bulgaria, but no longer import them to USA. For parts I would try searching the internet. I have seen misc parts at gun shows. I know the grips/mags interchange with a BHP. A Browning barrel, even if it would fit is going to cost more than the pistol.

CDNN??

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Thanks I will try and look them up on another site.

CDNN?
CDNN is a gun parts website. The guy I know that has the Arcus recommended them and Apex. Said he bought mags and grips for his Arcus there.

I didn't observe the thing stripped. Not sure if internal parts are similar to Browning. Try GunBlast or ChuckHawks....they review just about anything....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.