M14 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My circa 1980 Browning BSS with a straight English style stock, single selective trigger, and 26" barrels choked for IC and MOD is my favorite upland gun and normally points and shoots twice as fast as any automatic I've used, but this year it's developed the problem of only firing when the barrel selector slide is set for IC then MOD- if I set it to fire MOD then IC, it not only will only fire MOD but then will not eject the empty shell from that barrel. Despite the fact I almost never want to fire it in that order, this really bothers me. I've had the thing apart and, without actually fully disassembling the action, the internals look good, they just don't WORK good once the thing is back together following a good cleaning and light lubing. If anyone has advice on fixing this problem, I can cheat my local gunsmith out of an easy $40 at least....

·
Registered
257 Posts
I can't really diagnose it from here, but my competition Brownings always went out to Art Isaacson, Art's Gun and Sport, http://www.artsgunshop.com/
He did Brownings warranty work for many years. He rebuilt target shotguns of mine that looked beyond gone, (untold thousands of rounds on one in particular)... it would pass for new now. (Haven't competed with the shotguns since getting into HP some years ago.)
Not that it will save you that $40, but it will DEFINITELY be fixed, and fixed right. Hope this helps you.
Mike B
PS: I think it may be an issue with the selector itself, when the stock is off, make sure that it moves smoothly and that the tail of it is free to move laterally. (I am going from memory on what it looks like in there!)

Reactions: Sweets
1 - 2 of 2 Posts