M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Cheaper than dirt has that same item for $159. And unlike Brownell's, they will ship to CA
CTD Can go straight to hell.
A few months ago they tried to sell 20 rounds of M193 for 120$.
They are pieces of garbage.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If your looking for something special, try the Danish AMA M855 that comes in the 900rd cans. It is more expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

Really nice ammo, well packaged. The accuracy is pretty incredible for 62gr Ball.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I buy from local Mom and Pop gun shops mostly, buy quantity and they cut you a better deal than Wal Mart, CTD or Bownells.
Support your local gun shops.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I have USGI 30 round M16 Mags for sale for $40.00 each ! That is $50.00 less than CTD!
Come get them because they are going fast GI2

On another note Brownell's deal is not bad I just wish I had some extra $$$$ right now.

UPDATE:

WTH I just ordered. I need another Ammo Box anyway GI1

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I buy from local Mom and Pop gun shops mostly, buy quantity and they cut you a better deal than Wal Mart, CTD or Bownells.
Support your local gun shops.
My local shop still wants $650 for 1000 rounds of it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Since when does Brownell's not ship to CA? I bought a few cases of 12ga slugs from them back in 2012 and they shipped to my door.

Is this a new policy?
Before I answer that (based on my experience yesterday), I didnt realize that CTD has a mudd rep on this forum. Sorry if it offended anyone, just was the ONLY way I could find to get that product to me at a current market price. I wanted the darn can and stripper clips.

Hap, I attempted to purchase 1 can of M193 and 1 can of M855. All was good until checkout, at which point it popped up that due to ORM-D and regs (as they interpret it) would not allow shipping. I found 3 guys on Calguns who had the exact issue on this current deal, and a couple of them had called earlier that day for info. They were told it was a recent change within the last month or so. At one point, rep told them they would looked into it, but later someone posted they clarified that Brownells position was CA residents are SOL with them.

I decided to pick up some other rounds while prices are good. I ordered some surplus bulk M855 from another vendor (keeping name out to avoid more panty twisting). That vender specifically listed 4 CA cities as banned (Sacramento, Oakland, SF, and LA) but would ship to other cities. Being in a burb that was not specifically called out I was able to order. But being immediately adjacent, I see the local dealers cashing in on that little fact and holding high prices on ammo. So just fair warning, stock up now as it looks like many folks are re-evaluating their stance on CA.

FWIW on CTD, the last time I purchased from CTD was in 2005 when they were selling the surplus Beretta 96G slide conversions and had no issues with them on some other odds and ends ordered around that time. They have only done right by me with my limited experience with them.

Sorry for the pseudo political undertone, but if you live in a free state, good for you that you have choices. Please dont jump us for having to do what we have to do to preserve our freedoms. Just letting those effected know that the OP's post may not apply to them and offering what seemed a reasonable alternative. Brownells un-necessary anti-CA attitude is 10x worse IMHO than a vendor whose prices you may not like if you do not do your due diligence before ordering.

Also, Brownell's seems to be employing a backdoor minimum purchase requirement by mandating ludicrous shipping rates on small items. Example, a couple months ago I ordered a 4oz bottle of Oxpho and minimum shipping of $16 was placed on a very light and small $9 product that anyone else would ship at half that. Having only had bigger orders thru them, I had to call and they "granted" a one-time waiver at reasonable shipping. While I am glad they did it, I dont see how that makes their overall business model so great. Just saying...

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
All sold out right after I ordered. Thanks to sfoxwell I got in just under the wire.
My Colt M4 Likes 62 gr the best so now I can shoot off my remaining XM193s.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Before I answer that (based on my experience yesterday), I didnt realize that CTD has a mudd rep on this forum. Sorry if it offended anyone, just was the ONLY way I could find to get that product to me at a current market price. I wanted the darn can and stripper clips.

Hap, I attempted to purchase 1 can of M193 and 1 can of M855. All was good until checkout, at which point it popped up that due to ORM-D and regs (as they interpret it) would not allow shipping. I found 3 guys on Calguns who had the exact issue on this current deal, and a couple of them had called earlier that day for info. They were told it was a recent change within the last month or so. At one point, rep told them they would looked into it, but later someone posted they clarified that Brownells position was CA residents are SOL with them.

I decided to pick up some other rounds while prices are good. I ordered some surplus bulk M855 from another vendor (keeping name out to avoid more panty twisting). That vender specifically listed 4 CA cities as banned (Sacramento, Oakland, SF, and LA) but would ship to other cities. Being in a burb that was not specifically called out I was able to order. But being immediately adjacent, I see the local dealers cashing in on that little fact and holding high prices on ammo. So just fair warning, stock up now as it looks like many folks are re-evaluating their stance on CA.

FWIW on CTD, the last time I purchased from CTD was in 2005 when they were selling the surplus Beretta 96G slide conversions and had no issues with them on some other odds and ends ordered around that time. They have only done right by me with my limited experience with them.

Sorry for the pseudo political undertone, but if you live in a free state, good for you that you have choices. Please dont jump us for having to do what we have to do to preserve our freedoms. Just letting those effected know that the OP's post may not apply to them and offering what seemed a reasonable alternative. Brownells un-necessary anti-CA attitude is 10x worse IMHO than a vendor whose prices you may not like if you do not do your due diligence before ordering.

Also, Brownell's seems to be employing a backdoor minimum purchase requirement by mandating ludicrous shipping rates on small items. Example, a couple months ago I ordered a 4oz bottle of Oxpho and minimum shipping of $16 was placed on a very light and small $9 product that anyone else would ship at half that. Having only had bigger orders thru them, I had to call and they "granted" a one-time waiver at reasonable shipping. While I am glad they did it, I dont see how that makes their overall business model so great. Just saying...
Fear. The lawsuits against Exile and Cope's have scared a lot of online vendors. California legislators are bullies, who will go after anyone. Even for not breaking the law.

I always like Brownells. Once in a while they would have great deals, and there customer service was second to none.

Meanwhile, the Godfather of the anti-gun liberals in California, Leland Yee is indicted for gun trafficking and corruption. Possibly facing terrorism charges and the Death Penalty as well. And yet, he still got 10% of the vote for AG. Only in California folks... You can't make this sh*t up!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts