M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got a picture of a real Brookefield Op-Rod Spring Guide that you can email me or post here? Just curious what to look for in a "real" one and what kind of markings, if any, are on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
498 Posts
wdigeorge said:
Anybody got a picture of a real Brookefield Op-Rod Spring Guide that you can email me or post here? Just curious what to look for in a "real" one and what kind of markings, if any, are on it. Thanks.
Here isa link with a picture here. It's not a very good one.
I'll try to find another. If not tomorrow I'll pull one of mine out. Hate to do it because they are both bedded rifles :( .
http://www.temp-m14forum.com/viewto...ookfield&sid=6b93e2a350d6d8f11a41db37e6be5b63

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the picture. So the Brookfied guide have some flat surfaces on in and it is not completely round right? I will see if I can post some pictures when I get it and see if you guys can identify it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
wdigeorge said:
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the picture. So the Brookfied guide have some flat surfaces on in and it is not completely round right? I will see if I can post some pictures when I get it and see if you guys can identify it.
Yes the brookfield is as you see here. The Sadlak spring guide http://www.sadlak.com/prod-rifle.htm also has flat sides and is one heck of a lot cheaper than what I've seen Brookfields go for.

Greg

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Greg: I just ordered a couple of those from Brownell's. :D

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Just got the Sadlak spring guides in.

They look very nicely made to me, quite a bit better looking than the comparable Fulton Armory part. Not bad at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.