M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't shoot this often, even though I shoot it well, because it's an ergonomic nightmare for me, even after I shaved the trigger guard to help with glock knuckle. Stock except for a Ghost 3.5 connector and a smooth G22 trigger assembly (and extended Glock slide stop and mag release). Shot it yesterday no issues. Today I took the slide off and the left rear frame rail fell out. Snapped off. No idea how long it's been broken but it still was running fine.

I left a message at glock and will report what they say. I hope they don't make me pay to ship the frame back... because it costs almost as much as a new frame. :D

Reactions: Tommo

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Yikes. They'll take care of you. Hopefully you don't have to come out of pocket since you didn't dremel where it broke. That said though, you "modified" the frame so you may have to pay up.

·
Forum Jester
8,380 Posts
tell them what parts you have in it you want installed,or strip it before you send it

Reactions: Wasted ammo

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stripped already. Other forum says there was a recall on these 2001-2002 production. I never heard a peep... anyone know about that?

·
Registered
955 Posts
tell them what parts you have in it you want installed,or strip it before you send it
Yes, they will fix it. IT WILL COME BACK TO YOU AS IT ORIGINALLY LEFT THE FACTORY. That being said put all the original parts back on before shipping back to them. GOOD LUCK.

Reactions: swagbrdr

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, they will fix it. IT WILL COME BACK TO YOU AS IT ORIGINALLY LEFT THE FACTORY. That being said put all the original parts back on before shipping back to them. GOOD LUCK.
why not a stripped lower? why do they need all the parts?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Impossible, this can't be a Glock they are indestructible, so you must be mistaken, Its not broken, it was designed to do that.
Yeah I sent pics to my brother who is a glock fanboy, with the subject "perfection."

LOLGI1

Reactions: RDS

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will see what they say. I'd rather keep the guts because I know they work.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I will see what they say. I'd rather keep the guts because I know they work.
If you need some stock items to put back in it let me know I might can help you out. Don't send it to them with your connector in it. They will send it back as new. I sent back a 17L gen2 they rebuilt the whole thing but all factory parts. They where easy to deal with. Ask for your parts to be sent back if you don't swap them out. They will probably want the whole pistol.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If they won't send you a call tag, find a friendly local FFL that will send it back for you, they can send USPS, and a glock frame would fit in a small flat rate box for 7 bucks.
Yeah that's my backup plan, thanks. GI5

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you need some stock items to put back in it let me know I might can help you out. Don't send it to them with your connector in it. They will send it back as new. I sent back a 17L gen2 they rebuilt the whole thing but all factory parts. They where easy to deal with. Ask for your parts to be sent back if you don't swap them out. They will probably want the whole pistol.
Yeah I wouldn't send the Ghost connector. I'll have to find out where I put the original serrated trigger group if they want that back. and the mag release and slide stop. I don't see why they should... it's the frame that's bad, not the guts. but we'll see what they say.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I make a friendly bet with you they tell you to send them the whole pistol. Tell them what to do and they will do it. They more than likely will want to look at the slide to make sure it isn't a mistake on their part why it broke,may have a little burr on the slide. They will rebuilt any glock for free if you ask them too. There isn't that much to them, that being said you will have a new pistol when you get it back. Take advantage of it, get adjustable sights or new extractor and spring get something out of the deal. They are proud of their name and will go above and beyond to make you happy.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I had a problem with a Glock 23, they addressed the problem and paid shipping both ways, they were more than generous with me. I found that they went out of their way to make me happy. If they have to replace the lower unit, they will need the whole pistol as the upper and lowers are serial number marked.

That being said, you may have some issues with them if you visibly altered the pistol in any way. All gun makers I know of are really kind of sticklers on this matter.

Good luck, hope things work out for you.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.