M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just got a little shipment of the British Radway ammo. I got it from Weidners,and it is linked ammo. My question is (please don't laugh too hard). What is the easiest way to delink the ammo for use in our M1a/M14s. I was looking at the links,and it doesn't look like it would be hard. The brain Isn't computing on the right level yet. I don't want to bugger up many round experimenting. So, As always any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, Applesauce.

·
Registered
600 Posts
i have found a wide mouth flat blade screwdriver works, along with putting them on top of a thin piece of plywood and pushing the rounds out.

either work.

you just put the screw driver into the little locking tab ,and the pop the round out, (i think that is how i did it its been a very long time)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Put a wooden dowell rod in a vise and push.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just did a thousand rounds. I laid a towel down on the coffee table and used a short piece of 2x4. Put the nose of the first round against side of the board and mash down. The cartridge will be shoved up out of the link.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just did a thousand rounds. I laid a towel down on the coffee table and used a short piece of 2x4. Put the nose of the first round against side of the board and mash down. The cartridge will be shoved up out of the link.
That's how I did it w/ the same ammo.

·
Administrator
17,761 Posts
Research, still the only game in town......

The slow way...

1. Get yourself a large soft chair, place in front of TV.
2. Get yourself a pair of learther gloves heavy type.
3. Get yourself two ammo cans, one on each side of the chair.
4. Sit and watch TV as you push the rounds out the back of each link.
5. Place the round in one can and the unused link in the other.

The faster way...

1. Put the belted ammunition in your M60/SAW or Ma Duce and put the trigger
2. Pick up links and put in can on right.
3. Pick up brass and place in can on left.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
How I did it: Heavy leather gloves, a couple-foot long bit of thin wood or dowel, put the wood on the floor between your legs, push the rounds out of the links from the rear while watching TV.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Last time I did it was with the butt end of a ball point pen pushing on the case heads with bare hands.

But I don't recommend it.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Push from the base, not from the pointed end. I clamped a 30-06 case base up in my vise, placed the loaded round, base to base and pushed down wearing gloves. Works great and there is no risk of seating the bullet deeper into the case. The ammo doesn't drive tac's but when you add in the value of the can and the links, it becomes a very good value.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to thank everyone for their input. I have to say that the dowel rod didn't cross my mind. Thanks for adding heavy gloves to the equation. I guess I don't have to ask why. At least I won't tear up my hands. Thanks again. This is a great forum.

Regards, Applesauce.

·
Registered
297 Posts
This explained it for me:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rEeDCfJ6Hk[/ame]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts