M14 Forum banner

Breda M1 Garand

11K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  DaMoose 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

I just bought a Breda M1 Garand, I will post pictures soon once I get it cleaned up.

From what I can tell it is mostly all original, everything bears the BMB or BMR stamps. With the exception of the bolt and charging handle, they are marked SA. I assume that is Springfield Armory.

Also from what I can tell it has not been fired much, all the components are still packed in grease, the peep site is full you cant even see through it. Im just wondering if there is any information anyone can give me about this rifle.

Thank you,
Perkins

#4 ·
Breda garands are Italian (in case you didnt know). built by their government for export to any nation that wanted them...

i assume yours is a Danish Gevær M50. it would have the Danish Crown and FKF stamped on the heel...

FKF is Forsvarets Krigsmaterial Forvatlning. thats Danish for Defense Arms/Material Management

Breda built garands on ex-WRA machinery that they sold to the Italians post WWII because they didnt make money on their contracts (well maybe not much) and the initial cost of the tooling was bore by Winchester...

of course it might have the Persian crest on it instead...

#7 ·
That is a beautiful rifle. Virtually every part on those guns is marked and like hammonje I have wanted one for my collection for a while. They are not easy to find with the original parts. The stock my be a beautiful replacement. Original should be marked with the serial number of the rifle somewhere on the butt.

#9 ·
I was told directly by Beretta's P.R. chief some fifteen years ago that NONE of the much-fabled "Winchester machinery" presented to them was in usable condition, albeit some of it was used for reverse engineering for both Breda and Beretta. Eventually may get that update into the missives written ca.1997.

And I am looking for an Italian M1 Garand, or at least a receiver. Danish is fine. Indonesian, Italian, Ethiopian, or Nigerian crested would be even better. Would prefer that it NOT be one of the SAI "commercial" jobs with no crest at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.