M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing ejected brass hitting the windage turret of my SWFA SS 6X62 scope. This can't be good. It apparently bounces off the bottom of the turret in such a fashion that it produces tiny divots in the wood directly below the receiver as well. The scope, being Mil-Dot, could of course, be turned 45 deg counter clockwise in the rings, but that would mean my windage adjustment would now be my elevation and so on....Any solutions or suggestions would be welcome?

·
Registered
558 Posts
The brass hitting the stock where it is is a common thing even without scopes. Turning it 90 degrees left would probably work very well if its just a standard mildot scope. Make sure you have the same amount of windage in your wind turret as you do in the elevation, though....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Use higher rings??

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Take a piece of tygon (PVC) tubing (home Depot or Lowes) of the approximate knob I.D. and slit it down the side then slip it over the windage knob with the slit facing up. Makes a nice easily removable knob protector. Thats what I use on my MK 4 mounted on an M1A M21.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Take a piece of tygon (PVC) tubing (home Depot or Lowes) of the approximate knob I.D. and slit it down the side then slip it over the windage knob with the slit facing up. Makes a nice easily removable knob protector. Thats what I use on my MK 4 mounted on an M1A M21.
Great advice, thanks.
On my way to HD now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts