M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Breitbart.com

On July 9, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence filed suit against Kansas Governor Sam Brownback (R) and Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt over a state law--the Second Amendment Protection Act--that "makes it a felony to attempt to enforce federal gun laws in Kansas."
The Second Amendment Protection Act says that "Any act, law, treaty, order, rule or regulation of the government of the United States which violates the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States is null, void, and unenforceable in the state of Kansas."
According to Courthouse News, "the Brady Campaign claims the bill is unconstitutional because it is designed to nullify federal law." They base their claim on the District of Columbia v. Heller (2008) decision, which they say "made clear that the Second Amendment allows for reasonable firearms regulations, confirming the constitutionality of virtually all, if not all, existing and proposed federal firearms laws."
The Brady Campaign points out that U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has already written a letter to Governor Brownback claiming the law is unconstitutional. In the letter, Holder compares the nullification of federal gun laws to the fight against the "integration of black students into all-white schools in the 1950s."

Reactions: 4th award expert

·
Banned
4,581 Posts
Flight

I can see a "division" of states coming in the future of America. There is already an Exodus of legal citizens who are relocating to states who will uphold the Constitution. We had a phenomenon in the South when I was a child. The term was "White Flight". I'm not sure what the upcoming Flight will be called by historians many years from now. I would hope it would be the "Patriot Flight"....... What is left behind is similar to the scene today in Detroit.

Some states will become pacifist to the Federal government while other States will fight the Fed's. The pacifist states will have a population that is totally dependent on the government while the Patriot states will want nothing from the Government while establishing commerce with other Patriot States. It may develop so slowly that few notice.

If you doubt the formation of "tribes" in America.... Have a look at this map.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/capito...f-u-s-immigrants-were-born-aside-from-mexico/

History is repeating.

Hobo

·
Eye Master
4,065 Posts
Unfortunately, while the SCOTUS didn't kill gun rights in the Heller case, they didn't help them either, which is what I have come to expect from them - they are lame.

By allowing for 'reasonable' restrictions, without being specific on what that means, they guaranteed status quo, because anyone who has gun laws simply has to claim (as brady is claiming above), that any, all, and any yet unproposed gun laws are all reasonable, and they just guaranteed that there is no sweeping decision, but a series of small battles fought one by one, guaranteeing employment for lawyers for years to come.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not the Brady bunch I was thinking of when I clicked the thread title.
I can't take either one of them seriously. One I hate and the other is tolerable at best.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
18,080 Posts
This shouldn't surprise anyone, the attacks from anti-gun zealots will never stop. They will just adapt, redirect, attack whatever they can, and change strategies to whatever will work over time.
I agree with Hobo Hilton 100%, the states will be more polarized as time goes on, and that may be a good thing, all of us who who seek freedom can go to the freest state and leave the hell holes we came from far behind, there will be a greater concentration of patriots in free states and there are many advantages to that.
m14brian

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I can see a "division" of states coming in the future of America. There is already an Exodus of legal citizens who are relocating to states who will uphold the Constitution. We had a phenomenon in the South when I was a child. The term was "White Flight". I'm not sure what the upcoming Flight will be called by historians many years from now. I would hope it would be the "Patriot Flight"....... What is left behind is similar to the scene today in Detroit.

Some states will become pacifist to the Federal government while other States will fight the Fed's. The pacifist states will have a population that is totally dependent on the government while the Patriot states will want nothing from the Government while establishing commerce with other Patriot States. It may develop so slowly that few notice.

If you doubt the formation of "tribes" in America.... Have a look at this map.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/capito...f-u-s-immigrants-were-born-aside-from-mexico/

History is repeating.

Hobo
Being from Montana, I was surprised to see Canadians as the most frequent foreign invaders, I figured Californians would hold that spot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts