M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a very good condition Boyt sling marked 44 under the Boyt. I have both ends of the sling but do not have any keepers. Is anybody have a source for reasonably priced original keepers.
thanks

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Sarco(sarcoinc.comm 610 250 3960) has them listed with their O3 Springfield items (page "J2" in Firearm News adds. The item # is SLNG067, they run 2/$10. They are in very good condition but very dry. I believe them to be issue 1907 gear.
Cheers

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. After a closer inspection of the sling it turns out that both the frogs have been ground down on the edges. While the sling leather is in excellent condition it would be better suited on a hunting rifle because it is not in original military configuration.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Someone might have ground the edges to fit them through a set of swivels.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the sling.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know, I know.......... when I saw it I was so excited about the condition of the leather that I did not even look at the frogs. I got it for next to nothing so no real loss. And the sling is in good condition otherwise so I have no issue putting it on a decent old hunting rifle. GI1

·
Super Moderator
11,955 Posts
I know, I know.......... when I saw it I was so excited about the condition of the leather that I did not even look at the frogs. I got it for next to nothing so no real loss. And the sling is in good condition otherwise so I have no issue putting it on a decent old hunting rifle. GI1
Or if you find a dried/cracked out sling then rob the frogs off it, you can still get the copper rivets.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Or if you find a dried/cracked out sling then rob the frogs off it, you can still get the copper rivets.
Great minds think alike! I was thinking I would look into it!

·
Super Moderator
11,955 Posts
Great minds think alike! I was thinking I would look into it!

If that is the direction you decide too go???? I'm getting ready too chop up a BAR 10-57 MRT sling for the frogs and it still has 2 nice matching russet brown keepers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.