M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big "explosives scare" (what they're calling it) at Harvard University going on right now. Since it's exam season, one has to wonder if this wasn't called in by some panicky student. All exams scheduled for today have been cancelled, at least in the four buildings named in the scare.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The FBI is on the scene- whoever created this scare had better been very very skillful about it if they hope to avoid a term in Federal custody.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CNN reported that the threat was received by email. Hopefully he or she was smart enough to mask their IP address.
Why would you say that? Even if the person is not actually a terrorist and the bombs aren't real, they're in the process of wasting immense amounts of money and possibly sending some very high strung kids right over the edge.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Why would you say that? Even if the person is not actually a terrorist and the bombs aren't real, they're in the process of wasting immense amounts of money and possibly sending some very high strung kids right over the edge.
Sweets, I am pretty sure he said that because if they didn't they are going to prison for life. I do not think he was sticking up for the bad guy at all.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I was not sticking up for the possible bomber. I ment it more as a jab at Havard. I find the timing a little odd… the first day of undergrad finals... and a threat was emailed... and the finals were canceled for the day.

5,445 Posts
IP addresses can no longer be masked permanently... it is but the amount of time needed to trace them that remains the question.

This bomb scare is no doubt a "senior" prank or something similar. Oh wait... isn't Ayers the Terrorist now Harvard faculty? GI8

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was not sticking up for the possible bomber. I ment it more as a jab at Havard. I find the timing a little odd… the first day of undergrad finals... and a threat was emailed... and the finals were canceled for the day.
Sweets, I am pretty sure he said that because if they didn't they are going to prison for life. I do not think he was sticking up for the bad guy at all.
The last time I was in a university town, all you had to do was pull the fire alarm! Anyway, universities may be the modern equivalent of Pravda combined with something from the book "1984", but you can't blame the kids for that, even when they choose to be the ignorant mouthpieces of the profs.

Well...maybe then....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts