M14 Forum banner

Bolts back from Losok

2845 Views 21 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  NoExpert
Anybody get there poly bolts back from being treated. I have been waiting and PM'ed him a few times with no response. Looking for an update. Thanks
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
480 Posts
I had sent my Springfield TRP to LOSOK just 3+ weeks ago. I am very excited about getting it back & will report on her w/pics. He's real busy with all the irons in the oven (SHOT Show) he has going especially that Valkry rifle. I am seeking another melonite job to do on my Springfield M6 (22lr/410). As soon as my pistol is back out that one will go to him. After that I am gathering the rest of the Winny parts for a 18.5" LRB M25 rifle to do next. I know I have enough for him to keep busy awhile. Patience is a vertue & if my guns turn out great then it'll be worth the wait for each one. I rather wait alittle longer assuring me one fine firearm in return to last longer then me to pass on to my kids. Good luck at the show LOSOK. I know that Valkry looks awesome. I'll have to save my pennies for that one but what caliber?.....

Don't forget Christmas & New Years in there to slow things down a bit.

· Registered
349 Posts
Hello all. I have either shipped it all already in the last day or two, or will be dropping it off on Monday on the way to the airport for SHOT. With all the things going on the last couple weeks with changing licensed manufacturers of the Valkyr, and also getting 3 of them ready for SHOT, I got backed up a bit. I am sorry for the delay, but you should all get your parts this week. Thanks again for your understanding.

The process worked very well on the parts. The surface hardness came up to 55-65 depending on the particular part, and the core remained in the mid 30s. This should give a great durable part and provide a long wearing surface.

· Registered
2,442 Posts
Hello all. I have either shipped it all already in the last day or two, or will be dropping it off on Monday on the way to the airport for SHOT. With all the things going on the last couple weeks with changing licensed manufacturers of the Valkyr, and also getting 3 of them ready for SHOT, I got backed up a bit. I am sorry for the delay, but you should all get your parts this week. Thanks again for your understanding.

The process worked very well on the parts. The surface hardness came up to 55-65 depending on the particular part, and the core remained in the mid 30s. This should give a great durable part and provide a long wearing surface.
NICE!!!! - I gotta try that Melonite out on 1 of my rifles

· Registered
480 Posts
Just got my Springfield Stainless TRP from Losok yesterday... WOW!!!!
Boy she looks great with that satin black finish, like my 31 yo son calls it "murdered out". Mind you this gun looked brand new, not one mark on any surface of this gun before I gave it to him, which also added to the look. I could turn around tommorrow & sell it New-Never fired & you would never know (my ethics would not allow that though). I will post pictures as soon as I get some pictures together to show you the work he can do.

I'm a believer but I also need to do a "shooting test" to see if it helps with the groups I was getting before the Melonite Treatment.

I am looking to have my Springfield M6 done this way with him as well as the parts for my next & last (maybe) M25 build.

Losok did a fabulous job on my TRP. I'll vouch for that!

Reactions: jmoore and tonyben

· Super Moderator
12,483 Posts
Boy she looks great with that satin black finish, like my 31 yo son calls it "murdered out". Mind you this gun looked brand new, not one mark on any surface of this gun before I gave it to him, which also added to the look. I could turn around tommorrow & sell it New-Never fired & you would never know (my ethics would not allow that though. I will post pictures as soon as I get some pictures together to show you the work he can do.

I'm a believer but I also need to do a "shooting test" to see if it helps with the groups I was getting before the Melonite Treatment.

I am looking to have my Springfiels M6 done this way with him as well as the parts for my next & last (maybe) M25 build.

Looking forward to seeing that one DH.
Tony.

· Registered
45 Posts
OO I would like to see pics.

I just got my trigger group/bolt back today. The finish looks great, and the trigger pull is GREATLY improved. I am super pumped!!!!

Boy she looks great with that satin black finish, like my 31 yo son calls it "murdered out". Mind you this gun looked brand new, not one mark on any surface of this gun before I gave it to him, which also added to the look. I could turn around tommorrow & sell it New-Never fired & you would never know (my ethics would not allow that though). I will post pictures as soon as I get some pictures together to show you the work he can do.

I am looking to have my Springfield M6 done this way with him as well as the parts for my next & last (maybe) M25 build.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.