M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shimmed it up, lubed, got it all back together but torquing the gas plug.

Problem: bolt rotates off the lugs, then about 1/2" from the lugs as it come rearward, the bolt hits something in the trigger, I can feel in it my finger and see the trigger move as the bolt stops. Pull the trigger and hold it, the bolt comes back smooth and continues to be smooth back and forth until dry fire and then bolt rotates off the lugs 1/2" and then sticks again.

HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OH, I pulled the trigger out and cycled the bolt back and forth operates smooth. Trigger group back in and with same problem.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pulled the trigger group again, removed the stock, placed the trigger group in the action and the rear of the bolt hits on the hammer face.

Then a little piece of hard clear white plastic with threads fell out into the floor from around the hammer face.

Totally not happy!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The plastic thing was a bead from the wife's crafts, think was just there, nothing to it. Old eyes needed high magnification to identify what it was.

Guess I will call SAI tomorrow and see if they can help...or send it to them.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, makes sense, something has to reset the trigger / sear but not sure it hit or stuck like this before breaking it all down but its been over a month since I had my hands on it. It takes a good amount of force rearward on the bolt handle to get over the hammer hump and just feels very different from what I remember.

Thanks again and see what happens

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went to the shop today and tested out boxed M1A, same thing only worse...very dry.

Cannot believe I did not notice it before but....

Now to test it all out.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Memphis, you hit the nail.

Confidence in my SOCOM is not all that high....still trying to learn the platform....its different with more moving parts and special love than I am use to.

First time cycling the bolt I felt the hammer hump, whats up, did I put the bolt in wrong so....I was full of not happy when I pulled the trigger group out and found a little white plastic bead thingy sitting on top of the hammer in the grease. Had no idea where it came from thinking, you have to be joking, SAI installed plastic in the trigger group. It was the threaded center of the bead that made me lose my mind at SAI. With the bolt having some extra friction there, happy meter was pegged and bending the needle.

So to decrease the amp on my happy meter, went and tested out of the box M1A and the bolt was very very sticky and gritty comparing.

I had my SOCOM by the TV watching football near the wife's craft table and the wife was doing her crafts, a little bead decided it wanted to leave home and jumped, it now has a new home...it been ghosted!

Thanks everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.