M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill, im posting this as its a question i have pondered from time to time, and im guessing some other folks have too.

Ive always understood that M14 bolt rollers were always "in the white" and NEVER parkerized when manufactured. Therefore, any time i have seen a bolt with a parkerized roller, i have concluded that it has been re-parked somewhere along the way.

I have seen bolts that APPEAR new, with NO signs of wear at all (and i know what to look for) that have a parkerized bolt roller.

So, is there conclusive proof that M14 bolt rollers were NEVER parkerized when manufactured?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I have seen probably a few hundred new bolts over the years. I also inspected about 5,000 rollers that were being offered on bid at Letterkenny many years ago. They were "New, in contractor wrap". They were mostly from the early 1960's. They also and included a few different contracts from the late 1960's, produced as replacements. All were bright. As that a scientific sample? Probably not, but it was enough to make me a believer; however, I would never bet my life on it.

No, I wasn't the high bidder.

At some point I will inspect the ordnance drawing and see if there is anything that mentions the finishing touches of the roller.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.