M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a Winchester or TRW complete bolt.

What I am wondering is this:

1) If I send it in to SAINC to have it installed will they have to change anything such as my barrel or anything else to make it fit?

2) The Win bolt has the numbers "86118" instead of "66118" in the picture, anybody ever heard of this?

3) How can you tell if a TRW bolt is a fake?

4) Is it possible to have SAINC install the new bolt, but make it where my current SAINC "F" bolt will still fir so that they will be interchangeable and I can have it as a spare?

Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
1) .1% chance YES.

2) I'd look real hard at the pic again. Maybe the lighting is playing tricks on the camera. Other than that, NO.

3) The letters are stamped "RTW" or, it has "Made in China" stamped on the bottom of it.

4) Odds of a competent gunsmith achieving your goal = 75% - 80% in your favor. Odds of Springfield Armory achieving the same = 50%. (maybe a little higher. ;) )

HTH.

·
Registered
795 Posts
if the gun is sent to SAinc what do they charge to install the USGI bolt and Author Message
sdbruiser I got to ask: what does your sig line mean??

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Do you mean WTFDTSG?

Where the (insert deleted expletive here) did that shot go? :-k

The unofficial motto of the majority of us and most often heard at most matches. :x_roll:

HTH

·
Registered
795 Posts
Two unserviceable SA M1A's & 2 parts kits w/o receivers

Courtesy of a Riverside, CA gunsmith
?????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Duke Nukem,

Did SA tell you that they wouldn't use any parts but their own on the initial build or that they would not change them out for you?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.