M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ,on my M1A i would like to change the bolt extractor with a GI one. the problem is that it is impossible to take it out . I also have the special tols made by Brownells to dismount the M1 and M14 bolt, but the extractor it is tite as a rock on the bolt. Any suggestions how to remove it without broking anithing ? Is the M1 garand extrctor same as M14 one ?
Tks BR ric

·
Registered
434 Posts
Check out THIS for possible difference between the two extractors. Otherwise, they’re the same. As for how to change it, CLICK HERE.
First, though, why do you want to change it? Is it giving you trouble? Most of the problems I’ve read about on here and BR.com are due to the extractor flying out at awkward moments. Sounds like you definitely do NOT have that problem. Anyway, best of luck to you…

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Ric, Provi questo. Applichi un buon petrolio penetrante alla freccia nell'area di estrattore. Sul fondo del Suo attrezzo di smontaggio di freccia è un bottone Lei spinge a rimuovere l'estrattore. Rimuova il bottone. Con la freccia nell'attrezzo e l'estrattore depresse, si assicura che l'estrattore di othe più basso è fiancheggiato su col buco. Prenda un pugno di ottone ed un piccolo martello e guidi l'estrattore dalla freccia. HTH

Saluti

Ox

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
English Translation.

Ric,
Try this. Apply a good penetrating oil to the bolt in the extractor area. On the bottom of your bolt disassembly tool there is a button you push to remove the extractor. Remove the button. With the bolt in the tool and the ejector depressed, make sure that the bottom othe extractor is lined up with the hole. Take a brass punch and a small hammer and drive the extractor from the bolt. HTH

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
...or you could just compress the bolt with the lever and then wack the button with a mallet. Works for me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all of you for the suggestions, even if my obsession to dismount rifles push me to change the extractor , i will leave it as it is, it work fine and it is very tite. Tks Ric :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.