M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else see the three "McMillan" M1A stocks listed on GB ? I've never seen McMillan stocks with a selector cutout, or with stock liner screw holes ......... Am I unaware of something, or is my thread title correct ?

"Caveat emptor" ! !

·
Registered
123 Posts
I believe these are being sold by a member on this forum with the same user name.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I think there are some McM stocks used by some military units, not rifle teams, with selector cut outs.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I think there are some McM stocks used by some military units, not rifle teams, with selector cut outs.
That is correct our MIMTT team had some M14s, they were in McM stocks, so obviously a hole was cut for the selector. But no fin switch :( Im guessing a FA DMR rifle is bad.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would they also have had stock liner screw holes ? Just curious about the provenance of these stocks ?
It always triggers the threshold level, when someone is selling for a friend, and cannot assume responsibility .....

Listed for a friend of the family and as such I assume no liability for it.

·
Super Moderator
11,171 Posts
Yes McMillian makes a stock with the selector notch as for using the stock liner and screws that's a No-go.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Looks to me someone bedded the stock liner into the McMillan, drilling holes in one of them to effect proper location.

Not a bad idea actually, wonder if it worked.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Would they also have had stock liner screw holes ? Just curious about the provenance of these stocks ?
It always triggers the threshold level, when someone is selling for a friend, and cannot assume responsibility .....
I agree I saw a couple idems that I'd be interested in but that statement sent me away.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Now you know why we do not allow second party sales here on TFLGI2

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Well someone has bid on atleast 1 of them. They may be real MCM but I think the cost of getting things fixed and fit would put you close to the price of a new one. I'm not gonna try to get one of those. I should have got the one that LAW had for sale here...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I emailed McMillan about these stocks (specifically, about what appeared to be stock liner screw holes), and received this reply from Dick Davis .......

"Larry,
Sorry, but no. Our very old M1A stocks ( more than 15 years old) had these two detents molded in the outside, but we never cut the stocks for the liner because locating and bedding the old wood stock liner into place was much more work than just bedding the actions lugs into place.
Regards, McMillans
So, thats the word from McMillan - Thanks, Dick Davis, for clearing up that question.

NAV1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts