M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a few folks asking me questions about my Bob Marvel Nighthawk .22 conversion kit for 1911 pistols. I have owned this now for about five years. It works great. I had to wait about six months on order to get it but it is worth the wait. I am not sure if Nighthawk is still selling these or not. This kit is easy to use but it will not work on 1911s with ejectors that have a tall shoulder. For example. My Springfield pistols, Dan Wesson Guardian, and STI Elektra, all work great. However, none of my Wilsons will work with this kit. The shoulder on their ejector is just a bit too tall and there is no way I am filing down pistol or this very nice .22 conversion kit. I have put probably near a thousand rounds through this with few problems. The only problem I have had is when the slide becomes very dirty and fouled up it can tend to not cycle. This is an excellent tool to help folks learn how to aim and shoot a 1911 well. GI5

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not trying to bad mouth it, but does it cause bad habits?
Good question. Not that I have noticed. Instead it teaches shooters how to stay on target and not flinch. What I love is that the trigger pull is all from the 1911 frame so they get a real feel for the gun. Sad part is that I am not sure even Bob Marvel is selling this kit anymore. I looked at his website tonight and all the information seemed very dated.

Reactions: Wasted ammo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.