M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a BM59 sight pinion fit on a M14? Say you have all the rear sight parts that are USGI but needed a pinion will it work with these parts. Are the tread pitchs the same as USGI or metric?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Not trying to hijack, but I have a related question. What are the details on these knobs? I hear a lot of people prefer them to the M14 knob and I'm wondering why exactly. I actually just picked up a niw one from gunbroker to have a look myself. Just curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
It's just a 1K Meter knob, nothing special. PB also made elev pinions for Garands but they're marked to 1,200 yds.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Thanks for the info. Did they come pre-marked with white numerals? From the seller's picture it looks like it is, and it definitely looks NIW and not messed with. Maybe that's why they're preferred?

Seller's image:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Something else I just realized...the BM59 had a shorter barrel than the '14. I wonder if the knob is calibrated differently because of this...

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Something else I just realized...the BM59 had a shorter barrel than the '14. I wonder if the knob is calibrated differently because of this...
I wouldn't think so. A click is a click and a meter is a meter. I compared a couple of PB BM 59 pinions with a couple of USGI pinions and, basically, the "BM 59" is where the "M" would be on the U.S. part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts