M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Eye Master
4,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came into a small quantity of NOS BM-59 triggers.

The trigger is the same as an M1, but the disconnect has a funny rounded top that was part of the full-auto mechanism.

I did a search on line, and found them used for $35, I also found some with the rounded top ground off. I'm trying to decide what to do with what I have. Is there any market for these?

I presume no one is making/selling a true F/A BM-59, so there is not demand for the triggers for their function. I also presume that there are few true original BM-59s out there, such that having a NOS trigger that is authentic is worth anything, because most of them are built off kits in the first place.

Am I wrong? Any opinions?

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
are they the standard bm59 triggers, or the longer bm59 triggers for the alpine folder model? I have a couple, and they seem like they would work just fine in an m14 trigger housing. Do you know for sure, or am I mistaking?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
All.the original GI M14, BM59, and Garand stuff is niw rare and COLLECTIBLE, and can bring big bucks. A few years back I sourced M1 Garand and BM59 parts directly out of Italy. At that time, Italian NOS hammers, triggers, and rear sights were inexpensive. No more!!

PS: Here in Canuckistan, I have only seen one BM59 complete rifle, but back in the day, we were lucky to get thousands if BREDA and Beretta M1 Garands at fantastic prices.... like under $100 Canuck bucks each. I see them at the gunshiws now for over $1000.
COLLECTIBLE!

·
Forum Jester
7,717 Posts
classic firearms giving away a bm59 6 days only

1 - 5 of 5 Posts