M14 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted on the National Review website:

"Former New York City mayor and Mayors Against Illegal Guns chairman Michael Bloomberg denies that any of his efforts to respond to gun violence are part of a push for increased gun control.

“I want to make sure the public gets together, tell the Congress and their state legislature, ‘We want reasonable background checks,’” he said on Meet the Press. “We don’t want to end the Second Amendment, this is nothing to do with gun control.”

Bloomberg explained that his and his organization’s efforts are intended to keep guns away from three groups of people: minors, criminals, and the mentally ill.

He also took particular issue with recent state laws allowing college students to carry on campuses, pointing to the recent killings at UC Santa Barbara. “Kids should just not have guns on campus,” he said. "

There is video at the link:

http://www.nationalreview.com/tags/sunday-shows-june-1-2014

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
"My efforts have nothing to do with gun control" ........And toilet paper has nothing to do with taking a dump.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Can someone cite a recent mass shooting where the shooter didn't pass a background check when they bought their firearms?

If Bloomberg was actually concerned about decreasing violence instead of controlling the population he would be throwing his money behind legislation to get lunatics and violent repeat offenders locked away for life. Instead he is out there pushing gun control which won't make a difference to anyone but those that legally purchase firearms.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Not gun control. Sure.

And Bill "never had sexual relations" with an intern.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
And I am the Dali Lama

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
If college age students are old enough to vote, they're old enough to carry a gun. Both can be used for protection, or have catastrophic results if not wielded with respect, experience, and intelligence.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
He might do well to note that all these shootings he's pointing out are happening in places where gun control is most in effect, schools, places of worship, military bases...

What will happen to the rest of society if his 'common sense' spreads everywhere?

·
Registered
588 Posts
What he means is, he wants people control, tyranny in it's many forms.....I was watching that series "Turn" which is about a spy ring in Setauket Long Island,NY during the American Revolution. During the show (epsiode 109) last night the British were conducting a trial against suspected rebels(Patriots) in the town's church. The Minister of Setauket was a Veteran of the "French & Indians Wars" and later gave up fighting to live the peaceful life of a Preacher, however he still never lost sight of freedom and the cost to keep it intact and staying armed in order to guarantee it.

The British disarmed the entire populace of the town with the excuse of maintaining public safety and peace. During the trial the Minister made a statement that still highly resonates today,"I am not a traitor or a rebel simply because I want freedom, the worst kind of tyranny is when you are not allowed to speak your mind, these men(redcoats=the law i.e courts & agencies & it's police,deputies agents, politicians) were sent here to subjugate us and by disarming us, we have lost the means to defend ourselves" Does any of this sound familiar in states like: CA,NY,NJ,Conn.,CO,Mass.,IL and several of our cities, counties and municipalities in OUR country??? Yes, I think so.

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
My take is that he has finally realized that he's not as effective at pushing his anti-gun agenda as the Koch Brothers have been with their agendas. As a consequence he is trying to put a new spin on what he's doing. I think that it's encouraging to see him with his panties all wadded up, he wouldn't be running his sewer pipe this way unless he was worried about failing.

Reactions: ray55classic

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
100 lbs of horse crap in a 10 lb bag

My take is that he has finally realized that he's not as effective at pushing his anti-gun agenda as the Koch Brothers have been with their agendas. As a consequence he is trying to put a new spin on what he's doing. I think that it's encouraging to see him with his panties all wadded up, he wouldn't be running his sewer pipe this way unless he was worried about failing.
Yes Sir, It's been gun control, gun control, gun control with this lying ba$$ terd from day one and now comes this epiphany . I ain't buying a word that punks spews . He's just repackaging the S.O. BS. ...... BTW I would do a backflip at my age to see him a broke failure.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Subterfuge. Pathetically transparent subterfuge at that. I guess the whole fascist Mayors against Guns or whatever must not be going so well seeing as many of them have been incarcerated. And Everytown against Guns or whatever that is called isn't going so well in the social media space. The main item though is it is election season so his fellow fascists are whispering in his ear to be quiet for a few months until elections have passed.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Add this phrase to the usual liberal anti-gun lexicon...

"gun safety"

That goes along with "common sense" and "reasonable"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts