M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there are others just like me who have just purchased their new S.A. SOCOM 16. I brought mine home from my LGS last week. I have had no chance to fire it yet, but the day will be here soon. While I can shoot up to a 300 Win Mag at my local indoor range, I want to shoot my SOCOM 16 outside. I've read where these Sweet 16's are L O U D.

I'm a Vietnam Veteran and a retired engineer. I keep myself busy by enjoying my family and the toys of my labor. I hope to learn a lot from you all as well as share some of my knowledge and stories.

·
Registered
823 Posts
The SOCOM is amazing. I can't help but shoot it often.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I see there are others just like me who have just purchased their new S.A. SOCOM 16. I brought mine home from my LGS last week. I have had no chance to fire it yet, but the day will be here soon. While I can shoot up to a 300 Win Mag at my local indoor range, I want to shoot my SOCOM 16 outside. I've read where these Sweet 16's are L O U D.

I'm a Vietnam Veteran and a retired engineer. I keep myself busy by enjoying my family and the toys of my labor. I hope to learn a lot from you all as well as share some of my knowledge and stories.
Old Navy RVN vet here too, . . . welcome to the forum and the family.

Mine is the loaded full size version, . . . plus I put a small bipod on it just for kicks and giggles, . . .

I hope you have as much fun with yours as I have with mine, . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Welcome from the Lone Star State, Keeper Oath, Thank you for your service, And loud is why they make earplugs.

·
Administrator
17,403 Posts
Welcome aboard Keeper Oath, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome aboard and have yourself a great week ahead. Thank you for your service to our country, America is better off because of you.

DI5

1 - 11 of 11 Posts