M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I posted pics a while back, I recently got all the parts and completed the build so I thought I would share.

Meet Holly---Named after Holly Holmes---"Sexy and hard hitting"

The Build:

M1A Socom 16
Blackfeather RS stock
Blackfeather RBS Butt Stock
Blackfeather SHG Scout Hand Guard
EOTech 2 Dot sight
Hogue Pistol Grip
Magpul Vertical Grip
GG&G Angled Sling Mounts
Harris type bipod—Not normally mounted but helps with pics
SEI Muzzle Adapter
JP Enterprises Muzzle Break
Magpul Sling
Hera Arms folding stock adapter
Wolf Springs
Sadlak Spring Guide
USGI Bolt Parts
Sadlak Mag Release

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good, how does it shoot?
She is rock solid so far-- so far, about 400 rounds through her with no failures.

I have actually shot 1.5 MOA with her, but here is the most recent range results using 168 FGMM, only 1.8 MOA--but I think some of that is me.

Reactions: geepee3

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
That is exactly the rifle I am trying to make. Can you let us know how much it weighs, as well as it's folded length?

How do you like the blackfeather?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is exactly the rifle I am trying to make. Can you let us know how much it weighs, as well as it's folded length?

How do you like the blackfeather?
9.9 Lbs (me and the rifle minus the rifle on my bathroom scale)--so no promises on accuracy of the weight.

28 Inches

Love it, easy to shoot, accurate, very comfortable, easy to store and handle and seems to be tough as nails--time will tell. The only issue I have had is trying to figure out how best to sling and carry it. I keep trying different configurations.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1.8 moa with a eotech? Good shooting. I like the slim look of the blackfeather, your rifle has a very clean look to it.
Oops, sorry for missleading you. That group was shot with the long eye relief scope.

My EOtech groups are usually around 3 inches.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I didn't see the folding mech on the website, where did you get the folder for it?

Also did it come anodized?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was hoping for these to weight a bit less.
.still 9lbs isn't too bad.

The folder, sight, Vertical Grip, scout rail, even the type of sling swivels all add weight---On thier website, they do have a 8.2 lb rifle, which is doable and usable, but the weight of this rifle is comparable to a standard M1A with a scope.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't see the folding mech on the website, where did you get the folder for it?

Also did it come anodized?
The folder is made by Hera-Arms and I purchased mine at Lan World---Its Called the Hera-Arms SFU (Side Folding Adaper)

Very simple yet strong---very well made, but does add weight. and it did come anodized black

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
9.9lbs with or without mag?
with mag but without the bipod.

Here is a photo off of their website showing what is possible:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.