M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In first 31 min a soldier who is talking over the phone carrying a M14 without selector switch ,
Sound's like the same rifle Delta is using in the movie with red dot

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Lots of us had em without selector switches.

Fact is, . . . our old man gave us the "lecture" about how selector switches and court martials ran together in his mind.

Now my M3 didn't have a selector switch either, . . . but it didn't need one.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
88 Posts
My tour began slightly pre- M-16 and we were told straight up that anyone who
tinkered with that block on the M-14 "rock-n-roll" switch was lookin' at a visit to Long Binh.
Having once shot an M-14 on full auto I had no problem with the rule.

·
Registered
81 Posts
A Navy veteran friend recounted his experience running a magazine full through, one day, off the stern of his ship. He's a stout 6'2 and he said he could barely hang on to it..

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,244 Posts
A Navy veteran friend recounted his experience running a magazine full through, one day, off the stern of his ship. He's a stout 6'2 and he said he could barely hang on to it..

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk
Sounds like he may have been not trained , or poorly instructed.
Never had a problem " hanging on to one". But then the only time I shot FA was during qualification fam classes.
All 6 M14s I was issued had locks installed.

·
Administrator
17,193 Posts
Sounds like he may have been not trained , or poorly instructed.
Never had a problem " hanging on to one". But then the only time I shot FA was during qualification fam classes.
All 6 M14s I was issued had locks installed.
What Art said. ^^^^^

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I had to kick a lot of the Navy guys off the flight deck; they just could not hit the water from the ten yard line; bullets would be bouncing off the deck ; they would turn their head and than pull the trigger. got called up to the First Lt. why I was doing that; Could not believe a First Lt. did not know firearms safety.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Every squad in Honor Guard Co. (Yeah, I know, not combat, but still straight leg Infantry) had M14 carried by each man. Only two of the squad had selector switches on them - the two designated automatic riflemen. Neither had the big heavy pistol grip stocks, just a std. GI synthetic stock.

·
Registered
140 Posts
In Army basic training at Fort Leonard Wood back in '69, we trained and qualified with M-14's. They had us each shoot full auto once. Must have made the DI's pretty nervous!
Fridlo

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Anything is possible with SF groups , but I reckon 99% of the M-14s set up primarily for accuracy would not have the fun switch installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts