M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many years of going back and forth in my mind, i just went ahead and got a Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10 LR/T for my LRB M-25.

I'm sure it'll be fine for my application. It was in my price range and I've heard great things (especially on this forum) about Leupold's quality.

I'll follow up with a range report once it shows up. I only use optics a fraction of the time, still love irons on the M-14/M1A platform.

It'd be nice to hear others' experiences with Loopy Mark 4s.

Here's the exact model i settled on.
http://www.leupold.com/tactical/sco...pes/mark-4-lrt-3-5-10x40mm-30mm-m2-illum-ret/

Carry on, hope everyone's had a great summer!
Cheers

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I have the same model in black with the M1 turrets, same reticule (TMR), on a Badger Ordnance one-piece mount. My mind was made up after handling this model and a comparable Nightforce model, I liked the Leupold controls and contour better. I love it, I dont think you will be disappointed. The reticule illumination has also been quite useful and works well.

One thing to watch for, my M25 has a tendency to throw brass up into the windage knob, causing some dings and scratches. The turrets I have are the tall ones (I prefer them) and stick out a decent amount, so it is probably to be expected. I am looking into some methods of shielding the knob. The model you have doesnt have massive turrets so you may not have any issues.

Turrets on mine are like these:

·
Registered
426 Posts
My Mark 4 has a couple decades or more on it and performs perfectly. It is one of my most prized possessions.

·
Registered
413 Posts
You've got yourself an outstanding optic, have no fear, shoot the hell out of it and remember to adjust your parallax properly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.