M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, glad to be a new member. Also glad to be the owner of a new M1A Squad Scout. I have the black stock. I am looking to know what bi pod would be the best for the money for my rifle. Also, are any after market mags worth buying or should i just stick to the high dollar factory mags. Thanks and good to be here.

· Registered
1,650 Posts
There are several manufacturers of quality bipods.

Two of the most popular are Harris and GG&G.

For a Harris bipod, you made need an A.R.M.S. # 32 mount, if your Scout has a bottom rail in place of a swivel stud.

Be aware that Harris offers both notched and smooth adjustable legs. The smooth legs are preferred by most shooters.

Look for a bipod with an adjustment range of between 6 and 9 inches. Swivel and Cant capabilities are nice features to have in a bipod.

Shop the PX/BX in here, (I've seen a few for sale in here), or contact one of our sponsors!

Or...

You can always post a "Want To Buy" ad!

Happy hunting!

· Registered
19 Posts
So, to mount a good bipod correctly I need to remove the barrel/receiver from the stock?
I am a newbie and have a new NM M1A and don't want to disturb the bedding on the rifle.
Thoughts?

Thanks.

5,633 Posts
To mount a bipod on an M1A/M-14 you really have but two options... a gas tube mounted bipod (the "M2" type is an example of a gas tube mounted M1A/M14 bipod) or a rail mounted bipod which requires a rail be installed on the lower front end of your rifle stock (preferably by a gunsmith). This rail system allows you to use rail mounted bipods on your M1A/M-14.

· Registered
45 Posts
Two options I know of from shopping for a rail to mount a bipod. Sadlak Ind. makes a cheaper costing rail (as long as you don't have an S.A. fiberglass stock, that version seem to be priced similar to Fulton's) that has a QD stud option. You have to mount the original front swivel with this one when you mount it if you want a swivel on front. The Fulton Armory one is a combination rail/swivel, but it costs more and there is no QD post option.
I hope that helped a little.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.