M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of building an LRB M25 on a Mcmillan M1a stock. I'm undecided as to whether I want to use a bipod or front rest. I was wondering if anyone else uses bipods with the Mcmillan stocks and has input to how well it worked for them as far as rigidity and such was concerned.

I currently use a front stand for my current M1a when shooting from bench and scoped. I use a bipod with my bolt rifles so I have experience using both.

The pro's for the bipod are that it much more convenient and I feel I'm slightly more stable with them than a front rest. The cons are that I'm afriad a bipod would cause some unforeseen stress on the stock affecting accuracy.

I would most likely use a Harris swivel or Atlas V8 bipod.

·
"Death From Above"
11,887 Posts
Get the sadlak reinforced QD stud kit specifially for the mac M1A. They make is with longer studs. You can tehn hook up any harris you want to it. I have a mac M1A although it is set up for comp and has a 14 receiver. If i were to go the route your looking to go thats the way I would do it. give Dee a call.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
18,128 Posts
I had my "Loaded" glass bedded in a McMillian M3A White Feather stock for a while and had a Harris 6" to 9" swivel bipod on it. It was plenty strong and rigid. If I wanted to lay prone and shoot on my pack, I'd just detach the bipod.
m14brian

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I looked at the Sadlak QD swivel and it seems I will lose the USGI sling swivel if I did that. Does anyone have experience with a sling swivel in the place of the drain hole? I think harris makes one that will fit into it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a version of the Sadlak that allows you to retain the USGI sling swivel.
Heavy Duty Front Rail with Internal Nutplate P/N 140062
Also, the nut plate that came with mine allows you to mount the rail with the stock sling swivel and without having to recess it in order to clear the op rod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.