M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I've never actually seen any that I recall but the possibilities are there as the farther ya go out the thinner it gets unless maybe ya can "beef it up" with a little fiberglass filler or some reasonable facsimile thereof .....

Course with the woods the possibility is even greater as opposed to the synthetics ... :roll:

Six

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
if you use a Harris #5 (quick disconnect sling swivel) a plate on the outside causing a sandwich effect which strengthens the wood better than the # 2R. That's what I used on my DMR stock and it seems really strong :D

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
I seen someone who had a bipod kit installed at Spfld.
I think they make their own.It replaces the sling swivel with a dual purpose bipod mount and swivel in one.I saw a photo and it looked good.It's hard to describe though.

I installed a stud on my supermatch (McMillan stock) about 1/2" in front of the swivel.I use the Harris BR 6-9 bipod (easy on-easy off).

That hole on the front of USGI stocks is a drain hole.It may come in handy some day.

fly high,shoot low and you'll hit'em every time.warbird

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.