M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've been going around and around about which mount to put on my M1A for a Harris bipod. I have looked at the Sadlak, Arms, Harris, Fulton Armory and Versa Pod (picatinny rail that looks like FA's).

I am concerned about the installation and stock cracking. I like the picatinny rail but can't figure out which would be the most solid either that or the QD.

Opinions?

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
I just bought an Arms QD setup, but after talking to Mike Sadlack the other day, I am leaning toward there heavy duty new forward rail setup. The QD post option comes with it too if desired. I just want it for my QD arms to attach to and use my existing G.I. sling attachment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the Sadlak Heavy Duty Front Rail w/QD Post and couldn't be more satisfied. It took quite a bit if dremel work on the stock, but no cracking issues and it does a great job.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have the Sadlak Heavy Duty Front Rail w/QD Post and couldn't be more satisfied. It took quite a bit if dremel work on the stock, but no cracking issues and it does a great job.
Mac is right on, a dremel, a sharp chisel, and some bedding. The Sadlak is heavy duty solid.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Greetings,

I'm certain anything that Sadlak makes is 100%, but prior to them introducing that product, I'd installed three of the VesaPod rails. They have all functioned fine and I've had no issues at all with any of the stocks (two wood, one glass). As long as you do the install carefully, I think you'd be fine with either product.

Regards, Jim

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Sadlack Industries

Thanks for posting the pic Cayenne, I never get tired of seeing this kind of work on a rifle, looks good, and I can picture what mine will look like, as soon as I get the cash up for Sadlack.

I received the very first prototype forward rail from Mike for a review process, and have since ran 566 rounds with it on one of my rifles, It shows no signs of damage to the wood or surrounding area. I feel privileged to have been given the opportunity to try this out first and can't wait for the newest generation to try out.

The prototype was much shorter and smaller in weight configuration aspects, but with age and my shoulder bothering me, any weight addition is welcomed for recoil reduction help. I also weighted my buttstock with lead, it helps a lot.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I just installed a GG&G bipod adapter on a wooden stock. Seems very solid. The only wood work I had to do was to slightly enlarge the area to seat the large washers they provide inside the forend.

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=352&parents=144,158

I guess it's not as versatile as the Sadlak but it works for me OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts