· Registered
831 Posts

· Registered
831 Posts

· Registered
831 Posts

· Premium Member
8,682 Posts
Wonderful that there are those who wish to preserve history!

· Registered
2,619 Posts
I lost my Dad in 2005 to Alzheimer's, it took him in two years after he was diagnosed. It's a hideous disease.

· Registered
2,877 Posts
By all means, collect and preserve the history compiled by Bill and others. It would be a shame to lose any of it...but most will be lost or forgotten.

My Mom passed just before Christmas 2017. Alzheimer's as well.

My brother and sister and I sorted through all her things, there were mementos of her life each of us wanted, including some things of our Father's who died in 1978.

We found her photo collection that she kept together in spite of the worst efforts from four kids. Found an album from waaay back that she had never shared with either of us. Tin types, many of which have faded completely away. Judging from the family resemblances, these are her Mother's family....taken on their journey from Virginia to northeast Mississippi just after the Civil War. And.....that's the end of the facts. We have no idea who these people were, their names, children, spouses, only that they settled around Montpelier, MS in the 1870's.
The old sections of tombstones in the various churchyards around Montpelier have eroded to the point even the dates are mostly illegible. Shame that no one in all that time created a legend for the family photos. Mom was the first to do that, starting with the backside of photos taken from just before WWII until Dad died. Her care factor kind of dipped at that point.

Not meaning to ramble on too much here, but this tale is very repetitious all over the world. Unless we are extremely noteworthy, we will fade away along with the memories of everyone who ever knew us as they, in turn, fade away. All we leave are the life lessons and beliefs we can pass on to our kids. They will remember what's important to them. They can chose to pass that wisdom/opinions on or not.

What happens next? Depends on what you believe.

· Registered
3 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear. I wondered what happened to Bill's site. It had a wealth of information that I always referenced. Now I wished I would have copied it all but I didn't feel right so I didn't. He had some good parts as well. I hope someone buys them and continues to offer them for sale to us regular Joes. Wish you the best Bill

Reactions: luigi

· Registered
122 Posts
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.