M14 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
All gun laws are unconstitutional
6,962 Posts
Aye, but thats not the same as banning something we own or is guaranteed under the Constitution. Import bans have happened many times, its not protected.
Hog wash. Import bans are a infringement on the second amendment. Anything that prohibits firearms or ammunition is unconstitutional. The British were coming to take the powder NOT the guns.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Hog wash. Import bans are a infringement on the second amendment. Anything that prohibits firearms or ammunition is unconstitutional. The British were coming to take the powder NOT the guns.
I think you will find that not to be so my friend. I dont think you will find anything in the Constitution prohibiting import bans on anything.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
How bout the words shall not be infringed?
You will have a tough time convincing anyone that restricting the importation of guns and ammo from overseas is somehow an infringement on our rights when we are awash in a sea of guns and ammo here, LOL.
Dont get me wrong, I would love to see continued importing of guns and ammo, love all that stuff, but reality is what it is.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
"Awash" yeah we will see how big of awash were in when a import ban gets sent out on things like powders.... imr4064 imported from Canada. Hodgon varget made in Australia might as well import ban that to hell what about foreign made magazines for HK pistols want me to go on? Import bans are death by a thousand cuts. I dont think you realize how reliant we have become on other countries for ammunition and parts. The founders started the revolution over the British coming to take the powder I dont think they would be putting up with these bans.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
You will have a tough time convincing anyone that restricting the importation of guns and ammo from overseas is somehow an infringement on our rights when we are awash in a sea of guns and ammo here, LOL.
Dont get me wrong, I would love to see continued importing of guns and ammo, love all that stuff, but reality is what it is.
Didn't have a tough time convincing me.

Besides I'd call some retarded if they think the founders wouldn't call banning importation of firearms and munitions unconstitutional. Seeing as they imported nearly 100,000 muskets, not to mention powder and musket balls, from France and Spain.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Didn't have a tough time convincing me.

Besides I'd call some retarded if they think the founders wouldn't call banning importation of firearms and munitions unconstitutional. Seeing as they imported nearly 100,000 muskets, not to mention powder and musket balls, from France and Spain.
I agree with you and TheShooter, you both make good points. All I am saying is that its been done, precedent set and no challenges have really been made that I am aware of or remember. Maybe at some point if attempts were made to ban import of powders as Shooter suggests, things might go differently. I dont think that has been tried before
Seems like mostly what has been tried is restricting import of so called assault rifles and some types of ammo.
We have to remember that though we may have one view of the 2nd Amendment, Congress and the courts take a different view. That is the reality we must deal with.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
I notice a vast majority of your posts are contrarian left wing gas lighting bullshit.
I notice much the same of yours, you're just living in a dreamland of unreality. An apparent inability or extreme reluctance to accept facts as they are. Go be all you can be man....

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Go find something else to do besides draw quarrel with me. Having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent grows tiresome.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The obung administration with the ATF banned import of russian primers and 5.45x39 7n6.
The ATF can't ban anything. They "interpret" the laws as written, albeit very badly, and take "suggestions" from the President though executive orders...which invariably get shot down if found unconstitutional or illegal. Obama imposed sanctions on Russia that included certain firearms and ammunition, among other items. Very different than banning arm braces.

Reactions: Joeman335

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
The ATF can't ban anything. They "interpret" the laws as written, albeit very badly, and take "suggestions" from the President though executive orders...which invariably get shot down if found unconstitutional or illegal. Obama imposed sanctions on Russia that included certain firearms and ammunition, among other items. Very different than banning arm braces.
The ATF classified 7n6 as armor piercing because it could be used in a hand gun.
Remember the whole m855 up roar . . .

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
A bill on a simple subject can be stated in under five pages. More and they're simply hiding something else.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts