1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Forum Jester
7,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
435 Posts
A general look at their "check list" shows that they want to render illegal 90-95% of braced pistols assessing arbitrary values based on whatever they feel like. 1 for this because it doesn't look so evil, 3 for this cause it looks pretty darn evil, 4 for this one because it's Satan's spawn.

This guns heavy so no normal person could possibly hold it up with one hand with our little never lifted anything heavier than a mug of kraft beer arms of bureaucrats.

Considering each one of these accessories came with a ATF determination letter. Sounds like more ex post facto legislation to me

·
Registered
995 Posts
I saw this coming. Somehow they think short barrel firearms are more deadly; you know, with less velocity, less range, and bigger fireballs…

These elected officials really should do their homework before they piss off a bunch of armed people that don’t like them to begin with.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I saw this coming. Somehow they think short barrel firearms are more deadly; you know, with less velocity, less range, and bigger fireballs…

These UN-elected officials really should do their homework before they piss off a bunch of armed people that don’t like them to begin with.
Bureaucrats are not elected officials

·
Registered
435 Posts
Agreed, but the POTUS is and he's the one pushing this junk.
He or she may push anything they like. They can sign EO's all day long. Unless it goes through Congress and the Senate, it's up to the courts to yay or nay it.

It's just like that other proposed rule change about what is and isn't a firearm. A 7-inch by inch and a half by 5 in piece of aluminum in 20 to 30 minutes can be a firearm on a CNC machine therefore falling under the 8th hour completion that's in their suggestion. At the same time that same block aluminum could be made into a parts of an airplane, part of an automobile, or part of a building. So therefore their recommendations are excessively broad an unenforceable

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Remember the bump stock ban. Courts tossed it. Same will happen with this stupid brace thing, if they ever enact it. If ATF goes it alone, courts will toss it. Guess they didnt learn their lesson.

·
Civilian Non-Combatant
1,113 Posts
I once saw a youTube video of someone casting an AR lower from aluminum cans. Didn't take that many cans and didn't take 8 hrs either.

Other videos sho folks cassting AR lowrs from resin. I wouldn't wnt one, but they seem to work.

Then there is this whole other way of creating a functional AR lower from flat plastes bolted together. Again, I'd rather have one machined from a billet or a forging, but this type of AR lower can be made to work.

Stoner's genius has stood the test of time in that the basic design is flexible and saleable from pistol caliber carbines all the way up to .308 size cartridges and so on . . .while the components are nearly modular requiring only basic tools and basic skills to put them together.

An interesting look-back for me is the $h!+-storm of heavy criticism the M-16 got from active duty minatory professionals and veterans in the early to mid 1960s when it was issued to troops during the Viet Nam War. It was called a pop gun, mouse gun with modifiers that violate community standards on this board.

Now the liberals call it the scourge of mankind (humankind, LGBTQ+ kind?)

·
Civilian Non-Combatant
1,113 Posts
SDorry about the typos: Should read flat plates in one place and active duty military professionals in another line.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Nothing will come of it. ATF established ruling during the Obama (and Biden) administration, including backtracking on how and when it could be used. The only way to make them illegal would be through Congress. Not gonna happen. Another "symbolic" we tried moment the Left is known for.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Always thought this applied...maybe I'm wrong:

Article I, Section 9, Clause 3:
No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

That pesky Constitution...

·
Registered
435 Posts
My real point was with serialization. Because this could be a gun in less than 8 hours, are we now going to serialize bars of aluminum or steel because this may become a modern sporting rifle or a 1911. Every piece of 3/4 inch pipe because someone may make a shotgun out of it. You see my point, every piece of raw material could be made into a firearm if someone wants to. The proposed rules are ridiculous both for the 80% and the brace.

·
Registered
All gun laws are unconstitutional
6,950 Posts
Nothing will come of it. ATF established ruling during the Obama (and Biden) administration, including backtracking on how and when it could be used. The only way to make them illegal would be through Congress. Not gonna happen. Another "symbolic" we tried moment the Left is known for.
The obung administration with the ATF banned import of russian primers and 5.45x39 7n6.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts