M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is the right section for this but here goes--
Which style bi-pod do you prefer? The military style that clamp to the gas cylinder or the Harris style that mounts to the front sling mount?
Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought one that clamps on the barrel however, not very helpful. Regardless of how tight I try to get it, it always seems to loosen up and move around. Have not seen anyothers out there that mount of the sling area. Links or ideas??

·
Registered
366 Posts
Back in the late 90's I removed the factory forestock sling loop and made a steel plate that matched the recessed pattern on the wood forestock with a QD stud welded to it that bolted through the factory holes that the rivets went through for the original sling loop. Works great and looks like it came original on the rifle. Then a couple of years ago I found this on the Sadlak site

http://www.sadlak.com/si_qd_post_assy.html

Not as nice looking as the one I made but looks good and a solid way to mount.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
If you use the search function you'll find several threads on this subject and won't have to wait for this thread to get responses.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
Greetings,

Neither..............I mounted short rail sections to all my stocks so I can use the same GG&G bi-pod between rifles. I prefer both that mounting type and that bi-pod to the other alternatives.

Regards, Jim
I didn't get around to commenting on Bipods on this Thread or the other one...
Here's my Opinion---
Bipods that just Clamp on the Barrel Are No. 10 !
GG&G Bipods Attached To A Picatinny Rail Are Numbah One, G.I. !!!

GI1

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
914 Posts
Always thought the Harris pods looked a bit clunky and complex. I'd like a more streamlined 'pod m'self, and I've seen some like that but don't know what the brand name is. I also like the versions that pan & pivot.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes, it's the M145 version with the dual 5.56/7.62 reticle. Good scope with low enough power (3.5) that it's easy to acquire targets.

I used this rifle to knock down three 8x13" steel plates offhand at 200m in 3.65sec on Saturday. This is becoming my favorite rifle again since I chopped it and got the Troy stock.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
The GG&G Bipods Are Very Nice...and can be had for somewhat less than the Atlas(es)...

http://www.gggaz.com/tactical-bipods.html

CAVman in WYoming
+1 for the GG&G

I have the GG&G XDS Heavy Duty model. P/N: GGG-1245

Excellent machining and finish, all studs,nuts,screws, and bushings. No rivets that get loose over time. Solid and firm lock-up when deployed. 25° of cant. Made in the USA UNITEDSTAT

Monnie

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
+1 for the GG&G

I have the GG&G XDS Heavy Duty model. P/N: GGG-1245

Excellent machining and finish, all studs,nuts,screws, and bushings. No rivets that get loose over time. Solid and firm lock-up when deployed. 25° of cant. Made in the USA UNITEDSTAT

Monnie
Yeah, That's The Same Model I Have, The '1245'...Their EXTREME, Heavy Duty Model!

Very Impressive!

CAVman in WYoming

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.