M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set up to shoot again today. I settled on 41.5 gr IMR 4895 168 gr SMK.
Used bench and 2 bags, got rid of shooting vice that wouldn't hold in the same place each shot. I was very pleased with the results. Shot at 100 yards
1st target 2" group
2nd target moved sights 3 clicks down 1 right. 2-1/2 " group horizontal 3/4" vertical.
3rd group was some 150gr fmjbt pulled from bad factory loads. used 43gr IMR4320 and got 4" group.
4th group was 140 gr pulled tracers from online source for $50.00 1k. Couldn't find 5th shot other 4 were about 10" group, good for shooting cans, 55gal cans.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, Polytech 22" barrel. Barrel is over indexed so front sight is almost hanging off the right side. I did add national match flash suppressor with bayonet lug. I've been trying to develop a load that would work. I was using a friends shooting vice but it wouldn't hold in the same place so I went to using 2 bag's instead.
Bob

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just fired my M-1A for the first time after tightening and re-locktiting the screws on my Troy stock, adding a Sadlak NM recoil spring guide and NM gas piston. Scope was 2" high and 2" to the left on the first group. Sighted it in and it is nuts on at 100 yards and repeatable. Any movement/flyers were from me since I forgot my sandbags and had to rely on my bipod. I know, no pictures or it didn't happen. Got a late start Saturday (0730) and the place was too crowded by the time I finished sighting in the 4 rifles I took with me, so pictures weren't going to happen. Maybe I can take it back out on Friday. I was shooting 147gr NATO ball, I have twenty rounds of 168gr M-1A OTM left, will try that out.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts