M14 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Eastern 67% of Oregon and Washington States should break off and join into the State of Idaho. The left coast communists can keep their citizen gun bans that only empower thugs and tyrants. From my understanding the eastern 67% of Oregon and Washington States are all liberty red.
Inland CA is also not like Left-coast CA.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'll throw in a plug for Tennessee. I don't agree with everything that goes on here, but when it comes to the 2A, Tennessee is moving by leaps and bounds to a gun friendly state. In 2017, they legalized suppressors in a way that effectively circumvents federal regulation, if one has the cajones to adhere to state law vs federal. I'm not advocating breaking federal law, I'm just saying that the way the state treats it now is no different than if you get pulled over with a gallon of milk in the seat beside you. No proof of registry or stamp is required except in the very specific circumstance that you're hunting with one. The game warden may ask to see your stamp, and you are required to present it. There's state legislation in the final process now to legalize SBR/SBS, and we now have constitutional carry as well. Anyone who is not a minor or a prohibited person may go armed.
The only problem is that not all of our police know the law well. Last year my (then) 19 year old brother got pulled over, and he had a .45 in the glove compartment. Not a gangbanger, just a corn fed hillbilly with a tattoo fetish. Police seized the pistol, gave him a court summons and let him go.
He went to a lawyer, who pro Bono consulted him, printed out the statutes, said " if they don't throw this out, come back and hire me, we'll sue", and sent him on his way. Judge read the statute, called a brief recess to consult a colleague, then came back and threw it out. Had a baliff walk my brother next door and made sure he got his gun back the same same day.
The cops who made the seizure where pissed, but everyone learned a lesson.
No knife laws whatsoever. Wanna carry a samurai sword on your back? Carry on, brother.
I would recommend middle/east, though. West Tennessee is rough city.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
I have heard good things about AZ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Utah. depending what climate you want north cold and snow, south hot and little rain. Educated people to hire, Lots of tech companies here. Mostly conservative, The capital Salt Lake City most liberal. Good air connections. Constitutional carry no permit required for concealed carry, but if you want one Utah's is accepted in more states than most.

·
Registered
LRB M14 SA, Criterion Med Wt CL Barrel, all GI parts with basic upgrades.
273 Posts
My Guys, we here in Wyoming have the most solid gun laws I know of. For some reason our state DOJ returns the Background checks so fast, it seems like as soon as I hit submit, they handed me my new Glock and sent me on my way. Plus all the class 3 stuff and full Constitutional Carry are nice and the fact most counties have County Provided Shooting ranges. Ours in Carbon County is 1000 yds and it’s $6 with a free target! For winters our indoor pistol range is downstairs in the county rec. you can literally send your kids to the Arcade or gym while you shoot! Or bring them with ya!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well..all great advice from our great posters and 2A experts. I will kinda go off the the grid and tell you what state not to come to. That would be New Jersey. We have crushing gun laws here. For instance.. No threaded Barrels ...No Collapsible Stocks... No Flash Hiders .... No pistol grips on Shot guns... When traveling with a fire arm you must go from point A (Shoot Range)... and when done... you must go directly home. If you stop anywhere for Gas ..Or a Bathroom break you can be charged by the police for having a fire arm in that area. No exceptions!

Your guns must be locked in the proper case with a lock and kept in the rear on the Vehicle...your ammo must be locked in an ammo can and kept in the middle of the vehicle and your Mag's must be locked in a case and kept in the front of the vehicle. None of your shooting gear can be kept together.

As far as getting a Carry permit ...you have a better chance of buying a Russian Yacht .
There are many more restrictions to fire arms then mentioned here.
BTW.. New Jersey is a Beautiful state and has some great people. But Not 2A friendly.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
I didn’t read all 5 pages. Here’s my perspective. I grew up moving all over the country for my dads job. The west coast is by far my favorite overall. The coastal states have crap gun laws. For me, I am willing to fight the bad laws and find ways to live with them to live where I like. If gun laws are high on your list of priorities, I would focus on Idaho, Montana, and western Wyoming. They are beautiful. Utah is really nice too but I don’t know about their laws. I was pretty focused on moving a few years ago but decided to look at a comprehensive view of what would provide the highest quality of life for me.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I didn’t read all 5 pages.
Here is my updated list of 2nd Amendment rights in the United States that you missed.

Top twenty 2nd Amendment States:

Arizona, Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Kansas, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Georgia,
South Carolina, Missouri, South Dakota, West Virginia, Tennessee, North Dakota, Iowa, Missisippi, Alabama

21) Texas
22) New Hampshire
23) Ohio
24) Maine
25) Louisiana
26) Nebraska

Above this line is very good
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

27) North Carolina (Is okay but has weird prohibitions of concealed carry in certain places.)
28) Michigan
29) Wisconsin
30) Indiana (Allows a police officer to confiscate a citizen's guns at his discretion)
31) New Mexico (Has red flag gun confiscation laws)
32) Florida (Has very terrible red flag gun confiscation laws used to take over 2,000 guns thus far without due process of law)
33) Nevada (Allows a police officer to confiscate a citizen's guns with a Judge's order without due process of law)
34) Pennsylvania
35) Oregon (Has red flag gun confiscation laws.)
36) Virginia (Has weird prohibitions on training in a militia. Has red flag gun confiscation laws.)
37) Vermont (Has magazine capacity restrictions and red flag gun confiscation laws)
38) Minnesota
39) Colorado (Has bad red flag gun confiscation laws and magazine capacity restrictions)
40) Delaware (Has red flag gun confiscation laws.)

If the State is below this line the 2nd Amendment is in deep jeopardy or gone.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
41) Rhode Island
42) Washington
43) Illinois
44) Connecticut
45) District of Columbia
46) Maryland
47) California
48) Massachusetts
49) New York
50) New Jersey
51) Hawaii

Reactions: jkv45

·
Registered
M1A SOCOM 16
45 Posts
I’m sure plenty have been mentioned. rather than advocating my own state exclusively, here’s a few states I’d put on the short list:

Texas (of course).
South Carolina
Montana
Wyoming

·
Registered
2 Posts
Of all the States mentioned I would have to disagree that Florida is a great 2nd Amendment State. Some of the counties have confiscated thousands of guns from citizens of the State denying them a trial by an impartial jury. They have red flag gun confiscation laws in Florida but most Sheriffs refuse to use these horrid laws. You Florida citizens need to get these tyrant laws repealed.
I used to live in Florida. I moved there from Southern California. At first I thought I moved to heaven because it was a "shall issue state" with respect to concealed weapons permits. Unfortunately I lived in Palm Beach County and the local sheriff was a retired FBI agent. That sheriff obviously had never read the Second Amendment. He refused to approve any purchase of Title 3 firearms (full auto, suppressors, etc.). The sheriffs in many other counties approved such purchases as they were allowed under Florida law but the Palm Beach Sheriff refused unless a denied purchaser hired an attorney and took the matter to court.

Beware of Florida, it is full of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut transplants and many of those people dislike firearms. Carefully research the county you select before you move.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is my updated list of 2nd Amendment rights in the United States that you missed.

Top twenty 2nd Amendment States:

Arizona, Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Kansas, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Georgia,
South Carolina, Missouri, South Dakota, West Virginia, Tennessee, North Dakota, Iowa, Missisippi, Alabama

21) Texas
22) New Hampshire
23) Ohio
24) Maine
25) Louisiana
26) Nebraska

Above this line is very good
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

27) North Carolina (Is okay but has weird prohibitions of concealed carry in certain places.)
28) Michigan
29) Wisconsin
30) Indiana (Allows a police officer to confiscate a citizen's guns at his discretion)
31) New Mexico (Has red flag gun confiscation laws)
32) Florida (Has very terrible red flag gun confiscation laws used to take over 2,000 guns thus far without due process of law)
33) Nevada (Allows a police officer to confiscate a citizen's guns with a Judge's order without due process of law)
34) Pennsylvania
35) Oregon (Has red flag gun confiscation laws.)
36) Virginia (Has weird prohibitions on training in a militia. Has red flag gun confiscation laws.)
37) Vermont (Has magazine capacity restrictions and red flag gun confiscation laws)
38) Minnesota
39) Colorado (Has bad red flag gun confiscation laws and magazine capacity restrictions)
40) Delaware (Has red flag gun confiscation laws.)

If the State is below this line the 2nd Amendment is in deep jeopardy or gone.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
41) Rhode Island
42) Washington
43) Illinois
44) Connecticut
45) District of Columbia
46) Maryland
47) California
48) Massachusetts
49) New York
50) New Jersey
51) Hawaii
Washington state used to be pro-Second Amendment but events over the last 6 years has changed that. The red flag laws are terrible. You can lose your right to own firearms in a secret court proceeding. You have no right to due process until the order to seize your firearms has been issued and the police have confiscated them. At that point you have received "notice" of the action (hardly due process) and you can then hire an attorney and spend thousands of dollars to have your right to possess firearms restored and then recover your collection. Individual sales are illegal. A magazine capacity restriction will go into effect on July 1, 2022. Each year seems to bring a new restriction.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You want gun friendly come to the great state of TENNESSEE we will have legal SBR'S and SBS'S July 1st of this yr,open carry is legal.no permit needed to carry concealed and many many places to shoot safely i can't think of a more gun friendly sate right now.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts