M14 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
According to the US Concealed Carry folks here is their list for gun owners:

I am an Arkansan so a bit prejudiced. We have Wilson Combat, Walther Arms, Nighthawk Custom, Sig-Sauer Ammo, Remington Ammo, Fiocchi Ammo, and soon to be CZ-USA!

Moved to TX in 74, if I were to pack out and move, destination would be North Arkansas.

What's no to like about Arkansas, they invented toothbrush, had it been elsewhere it would be teethbrush.....lol... cheers, bud

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Gents,

Stay out of Oregon. Our laws are changing fast...and not for the better. Hopefully, a change in leadership will change that this election. I'm not holding my breath on that one, however.

Wes
Do you guys allow customers to pump their own gas? 2013 when we drove through there and met Phil McGrath, attendants are required to do it by law, I was told.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Indiana has constitutional carry.
Suppressor use is legal.
Nothing is needed to buy a firearm other than a drivers license and nics check. I hear the sounds of full auto at a FFL near agf course I play. Music to my ears. Castle law doctrine.
Fill your own gas.
What’s not to like, except we do get nasty humidity most of the summer. Fall is great. Spring is ok. Winters suck.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I was just looking at Wisconsin JKV45. Wisconsin has no red flag gun confiscation laws that bypass the 6th and 2nd Amendment rights of citizens presently. I think it deserves to go above Indiana in the ratings on the 2nd Amendment because of this. Indiana has okay firearm laws from what I have read except for the red flag gun confiscation. Does Wisconsin better gun laws than Indiana?

Wisconsin firearm laws:

Carry In Vehicle: The Wisconsin Supreme Court on 4/10/2018 ruled that a person must have a permit that is valid in Wisconsin to carry a concealed handgun in a vehicle. If you do not have a permit you can still carry a handgun in a vehicle if it is visible. That means above the window line and not concealed in any manner. Open carry restrictions

Must Notify Police Officer NO
Carry In State Parks Allowed YES
No Weapons Signs Enforced YES
Open Carry Permitted YES
Carry In Restaurant YES
Constitutional Carry NO

You can also do a private party firearm sell to another person in Wisconsin without a background check.
No Red Flag Law in WI, but I think it may have come up for a vote and been shot down by Republicans. We have a Democrat Governor, but Republicans control most everything else - so common sense can still (usually) prevail.

A CCW is reasonably easy, and not expensive, to get in WI. The ruling that without a permit you may - "carry a handgun in a vehicle if it is visible. That means above the window line and not concealed in any manner." - seems odd. "Above the window line"? I see that as a rifle rack in a pickup truck. Never seen a pistol rack in a pickup truck...

No Constitutional Carry - but Open Carry if you choose to (not me).

Things are going to differ somewhat by country, especially Milwaukee Co and that area.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
From TX Penal Code

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41 ;  and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime;  or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property;  and.....

Highlight nightime. There had been precedence cleared by grand jury where homeowner shot and killed burglars on their driveways as they were in the process of stealing or burglarising homeowner's vehicle

·
Registered
290 Posts
There had been precedence cleared by grand jury where homeowner shot and killed burglars on their driveways as they were in the process of stealing or burglarising homeowner's vehicle
I think Texas law takes the cake on protecting personal property in the United States. I would have no reservations in moving to a red freedom area in Texas with the 2nd Amendment. Your State also has Constitutional carry. Only reason I listed it as number twenty-one and not in the top twenty States for the 2nd Amendment is blue areas like San Antonio, El Paso and Houston. On the whole Texas is a great State for 2nd Amendment liberties.

Texas also has the fastest legal speed limit on a public highway in the United States currently. Eighty-five miles per hour speed limit.

·
NSR
1,715 Posts
bambam,

Oregon still requires that attendant's pump the gas. It does keep customers from driving off with the nozzle still in the tank...;-)

Wes

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Oregon rocks for gun laws n stuff believe it or not.
A perfect example of what I was talking about, if you're from Oregon, and you've never lived in any other state, then you'd be predisposed to believe that the gun laws are very good in Oregon...they kinda suck compared to my state's gun laws but without spending time in other places you wouldn't know how the differences effect your day to day experiences.

For example, I don't bother with a concealed carry permit because I can carry concealed or open in most places (Federal and State buildings are restricted) including in my vehicle. I can protect my dogs and livestock with a firearm without worrying about going to prison (as long as I can prove the proper circumstances). And my state prohibits state and county law enforcement from assisting federal agencies in enforcing any gun regulations passed after January 2021.

Reactions: luigi and Bamban

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
I think Texas law takes the cake on protecting personal property in the United States. I would have no reservations in moving to a red freedom area in Texas with the 2nd Amendment. Your State also has Constitutional carry. Only reason I listed it as number twenty-one and not in the top twenty States for the 2nd Amendment is blue areas like San Antonio, El Paso and Houston. On the whole Texas is a great State for 2nd Amendment liberties.

Texas also has the fastest legal speed limit on a public highway in the United States currently. Eighty-five miles per hour speed limit.
Local government can't supercede the state on 2A issues. We even have gun range protection act enacted by Gov. Perry.

People read about big city issues, but good thing for TX, though the state is quite huge, the 254 counties of TX are also populated. Part of the agreement when Texas became a state, TX will retain land rights, no huge federal land here unlike in some western states which for the most part are not vastly populated. The other reason why despite the presence of huge left leaning cities they have not been able to flip the election.

God bless Texas. The punching bag of the left, more so now since the heartbeat, and tranny laws were passed. Our AG has more lawsuit against the Brandon administration in the heart of the largest "den of iniquity" I can think of in my lifetime - the senate and house.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts

Utah is the same last I heard

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
There was an incident in ATX years ago where a homeowner from his 2nd story window shot and killed a would-be burglar getting out of the vehicle on the driveway with his loot.

There was a big outcry from the activists in East side of town because the dead burglar was a teenager from their area.

Grand jury cleared the homeowner.

Someone burglarized my son's car in 93. Filed a police report. In 96 we received a check from Williamson County with the letter that said they caught the theft ring and had been garnishing their pay, and distributed the proceeds to their victims.

Mind you, in 3 year span we have already forgotten about the incident. Williamson County is one of the more conservative counties, right next to one of the more liberal counties, Travis.

·
Registered
308 Posts
A perfect example of what I was talking about, if you're from Oregon, and you've never lived in any other state, then you'd be predisposed to believe that the gun laws are very good in Oregon...they kinda suck compared to my state's gun laws but without spending time in other places you wouldn't know how the differences effect your day to day experiences.

For example, I don't bother with a concealed carry permit because I can carry concealed or open in most places (Federal and State buildings are restricted) including in my vehicle. I can protect my dogs and livestock with a firearm without worrying about going to prison (as long as I can prove the proper circumstances). And my state prohibits state and county law enforcement from assisting federal agencies in enforcing any gun regulations passed after January 2021.
Right dude I hear what your saying. As far as owning a gun and stuff it rocks. As far as using it, not so much.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Indiana has constitutional carry.
Suppressor use is legal.
Nothing is needed to buy a firearm other than a drivers license and nics check. I hear the sounds of full auto at a FFL near agf course I play. Music to my ears. Castle law doctrine.
Fill your own gas.
What’s not to like, except we do get nasty humidity most of the summer. Fall is great. Spring is ok. Winters suck.
HOOSIERS!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Speaking as one born and raised in Canada, Canada sucks. Going back now makes my skin crawl. Invasive government is absolutely everywhere.

Congrats on your decision to seek freedom for the rest of your days. You won’t regret it. I sure don’t.

Oh, and to answer: Wyoming. 👍

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,618 Posts
So far in Oregon, every time there is a new restrictive gun law passed most of the county sheriffs refuse to enforce them. Background checks are mandatory even for private purchases, but no one seems to be doing that.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Eastern 67% of Oregon and Washington States should break off and join into the State of Idaho. The left coast communists can keep their citizen gun bans that only empower thugs and tyrants. From my understanding the eastern 67% of Oregon and Washington States are all liberty red.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts