M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Florida, Mississippi. One has 20+ million folks, is widely varied demographically, is "rich." No state income tax and 100% unlimited homestead exemption from forced sale. The other is "poor." Almost 40% African American but, except for the combat zones, metro Jackson, metro Memphis, the very poor black majority Delta communities, the various communities live in a kind of harmony that is difficult to describe and quite opposite what the mainstream media portrays. Also widely varied demographically. Chinese, Jewish, Syrian and Lebanese settlements from the 19th century no longer exist as insular communities, but those folks did not leave -- point being, there's room for everybody. But we're the poorest state . . . why would anybody move here? Two reasons: the feds subsidize the place like a third world country, and there is unlimited opportunity for education, professional training, self-advancement. Oh, and you can get four seasons if you move far enough north.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I'm in South Carolina and it's probably one of the top 2A supporting gun friendly states. We have a bunch of firearms manufacturers that have moved here because of our laws and stances on firearms. There are even laws exempting firearms made in this state from any federal confiscation or over reach (for whatever good it would do) we also have one of the lowest costs of living in the country. If you are a business, contact South Carolina department of Commerce. There are multiple incentives available with the move and ongoing economic development. Opportunity zones with extra incentives. We also have a large Canadian community here in Horry County.

My wife and I are Realtors and if you're serious, we can talk any time and I can get you numbers and contacts with Commerce and the Technical college system for training incentives for workforce.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
No more room in Texas. You might look elsewhere. You'll need a pass port unless you're from South America or the Middle East. No Covid vaccinations necessary since the Biden Regime has waived all concerns for our new Cartel Tourists vacation packages.

Good Luck and Best Wishes on your move to what's left of America!

·
Premium Member
8,579 Posts
Kash, we would love to have you here in Kentucky. Kentucky is very gun friendly, if you want contact me through PM and we can discuss the benefits of living here in a free society.

We have:

Four seasons, mild winters
geographically located
UPS is head quartered here
Cost of living is low
VERY SAFE
Centrally located

Lots of good things here in Kentucky.

MORE THAN A HOBBY, A PASSION!

REN 🇺🇸

·
Registered
290 Posts
Of all the States mentioned I would have to disagree that Florida is a great 2nd Amendment State. Some of the counties have confiscated thousands of guns from citizens of the State denying them a trial by an impartial jury. They have red flag gun confiscation laws in Florida but most Sheriffs refuse to use these horrid laws. You Florida citizens need to get these tyrant laws repealed.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I wouldn’t move until you list 5 or more of your highest priorities in order of importance. 2A friendly, weather, low crime, geographic beauty, , economy, taxes, cost of living, humidity, access to quality healthcare, business friendly, quality of schools.

Figure out what really important to you, then use that to start to filter down potential places to look at.

It doesn’t really matter if its2a friendly if it doesn’t meet your other criteria.

Indiana has decent 2A, and they just passed constitutional carry a month ago.but it might not check the boxes on other criteria you have that might be higher priority.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Kash, we would love to have you here in Kentucky. Kentucky is very gun friendly, if you want contact me through PM and we can discuss the benefits of living here in a free society.

We have:

Four seasons, mild winters
geographically located
UPS is head quartered here
Cost of living is low
VERY SAFE
Centrally located

Lots of good things here in Kentucky.

MORE THAN A HOBBY, A PASSION!

REN 🇺🇸
You left off whiskey

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
As for gun laws, regulations, confiscation, etc., etc. West Virginia is blessed that we have none of that. As a resident you can carry open or concealed with no carry permit required. Also, no restrictions regarding carrying a loaded long gun firearm in your vehicle as you travel. As for crime with firearms we experience that from time to time, but certainly not even close to other areas of the U.S. There is no movement to defund the Police and they are respected and felt very necessary to support the citizens and their families.
For nearly 80 years the State was in the hands of the Democrats, but no more and much improved since the reversal.
West Virginia has beautiful scenery and hunting, and fishing are very popular, and the Winters provide excellent skiing for the East Coast of the U.S. very popular winter sport here.
As for the economy it was only recently announced that we have a sizeable surplus in the treasury of the State, been a long time since that has happened. Are we as prosperous of other southern states, no but we are gaining every year.
I have lived in many places all over the planet and find WV as an ideal home in all respects and for me this is home in every possible way, but that is just me.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
According to the US Concealed Carry folks here is their list for gun owners:

I am an Arkansan so a bit prejudiced. We have Wilson Combat, Walther Arms, Nighthawk Custom, Sig-Sauer Ammo, Remington Ammo, Fiocchi Ammo, and soon to be CZ-USA!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I escaped Illinois about 15 years ago and moved to south east Missouri . I bought a small 40 acre ranch in the ozark foot hills and love it out here . Missouri is very pro 2A , constitutional carry and recently passed the second amendment preservation act .taxes are lower and it is a beautiful state . Avoid St Louis and Kansas City they are like any other big city with high crime and extremely high housing .

1 - 20 of 112 Posts