M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired my dads M!A. We used to shoot it in NRA high power shoots. Im gonna convert it my deer rifle. Whats the best scope mount that sits low to the gun. I wouldn't be opposed to tac welding it to the frame or have any need for the fixed sights. It needs to be pretty stout to take a beating on the 4 wheeler.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a buddy that rolls the Leupold fx-ii scout scope on a mount on his garand that didnt require tapping, may have been the Ultimak mount. He loved it and could keep 3moa out to 500 at cadence with just a gi loop sling. I'll drop him an email and inquire about the mount.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I put a Basset Standard High Mount on my M1A. Really like it. Simple design, simple single point mount. Holds zero. Remove it and re-install and zero is just about the same. Price is good also.

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
Check out Redneck Yankee's mount. Simple, rock solid and priced right.
no welding on the receiver please
If you want to go with a Scout scope (mounted forward of the receiver) PM me. I have an extra Ultimak rail.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I just acquired my dads M!A. We used to shoot it in NRA high power shoots. Im gonna convert it my deer rifle. Whats the best scope mount that sits low to the gun. I wouldn't be opposed to tac welding it to the frame or have any need for the fixed sights. It needs to be pretty stout to take a beating on the 4 wheeler.
Arms 18 or Basset.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts