M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
They speak the truth, CMI are the best new magazines on the market today, they make the mags for Springfield Armory and for the US military under contract.

·
Administrator
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
18,622 Posts
Good old Uncle Sam issued M14 magazines, from the 60's and 70's.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
18,080 Posts
Good old Uncle Sam issued M14 magazines, from the 60's and 70's.
+1 to XXIV Corps, except if a guy doesn't know precisely what he's doing, he can get burned real good. I did way back in the day, many of my "USGI" mags turned out to be counterfeits. At the minimum, a guy would need Different's book on magazine identification or the knowledge therin if he's going this route.
m14brian

·
Registered
356 Posts
CMI! Best mags I got I tell ya's! Seriously, the are legit. I'Ve had not the nariest of problamos with them since I got them! As far as the "ol GI" mags sure if you can tell, go for it! I don't know enough to.

·
Banned
669 Posts
Checkmate Industries, 20 round, standard parkerized are all I buy.

.44 Mag .com gave me a stainless 20 round CMI mag that is really nice, but SHINEY!

Perhaps one day I will come across some fine USGI magazines at a great price. DI5

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
CMI would be the standard when you look at price and availability.
Like it was said earlier downloading a free copy of Different's magazine ID guide will help you when you run across a genuine early G.I. magazine at a good price.
My CMI's I dunked in Breakfree and drip dried when I first unpacked them. Seems to smooth out the break in period for me.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts