M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my complete 7.62mm Co.18.5 Forged build on Wed.
Tore it down, cleaned and inspected. Only one area of concern, A little wear on FP leg were it rides into full battery. Used a small D file for a bit better clearance. I know it functioned in test fire before it left 7.62mm.
Fri after work I went to Wild Life Committee of Washington (Kenmore Gun Range). Break In = 1 & clean for 10 sets, 2 & clean for 5, 5 & cl for 5, then some 10 & clean for 100rnds total, while sighting in.
I was shooting German MEN 92, my Nosler 168gr winchester w/44grs RL15. And some BVAC 147 in LC reloaded brass. (I don't know about this BVAC. Even in my
85 NM it shoots 8" down and left 4").
Took er home, cleaned and checked everything. Decided to take some emry cloth to the Hammer/Sear surfaces. Smoothed out nicely.
Hit the range again today (Sunday).
I put another 150 rnds of MEN in every ones favorite positions, Off Hand, Prone and Sitting. I was able to keep em all in the back on a SR-1 at 100yrds, except off hand.
The Rifle has functioned perfectly. Not one failure of any kind. Unless you count the front site loosening up.
For well under 2k incl ship, FFL and Wa sales tax. I got one Hell of a nice Rifle
Chris at 7.62mm says they have a couple nice stocks available soon. Can't wait!
Great communication and passion for the M14 platform with Chris and Co.
Show off time!

This was Prone

1981 Rambo wanabe shot

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Congratulations on the new rifle. The rifle looks great and obviously shoots well. It's good to hear another success story coming out of 7.62 as they continue to work through the hassle of introducing new products. I also like the camo job, did you do the paint ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New 18.5

Thanks RD, Yep, first paint try on a GI (Freds) fiberglass stock.
I'm about to try another color sceam? How the heck do ya spell scheem? RNGR3
Fire em up!
jj

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
2,141 Posts
Nice build, nice shooting!

Who is the barrel maker on your rifle?

laughing about scheme....I still louse up all the time on using Brake and Break

....as in muzzle

·
Registered
824 Posts
That is one nice rifle, good luck with it and keep us informed. Don't wear the barrel out by cleaning it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Boys, the Barrel is an LRB. Checked there site, which indicates made by Criterion, 1-11 twist.
HRT bolt. 7.62mm Forged receiver,Hammer and Op rod.

So far off on scheme that spell check wouldn't even recognise it. Dumb de dumb dumb.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Why are there pics of rifles stored upside down in a rack with all the weight on the barrels/flash hider?
Was it raining?
I'd think putting all the rifles' weight on the flash hider/barrel would not be a good idea?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.