M14 Forum banner

Best .308 Suppressor?

19K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  Wasted ammo 
#1 ·
Thinking of getting a suppressor for m1a, of course when I can afford it. What is the best of the best? looking for the most sound reduction and best quality. Whats the best for an ar15 .223? Thanks for your time and response.

#12 ·
I shot a Gemtec Quicksand on a Christian Arms CA-10 in 308 a fair amount a few weeks ago.
The quick mount works great. The suppressor did not change the zero at 100 yards.

I used it to kill 2 deer at 155 and 160 yards, they were standing near each other.

A few days later I shot 2 pigs at 80 yards. Killed both with one shot.

#13 ·
I don't own one, nor have I fired one but I have been doing some research and I am intrigued by Thompson Machine. I would want to get some opinions on their effectiveness and quality before I bought, but right now they look like a very good buy considering the price and the features.

http://www.thompsonmachine.net/?page_id=2

#16 ·
Kind of an old thread. Hes prolly got it by now?!

#19 ·
i like aac sr7.tried to buy it through aac remington,real bunch of morons. went back to silencer shop.will never deal with aac direct again

#21 ·
wanted to buy 3 cans,cc up front.took order,refused to takke cc until shipped 12/2015.

called 3 months later,hey,my xfers come through yet? there excuse,my sot was expired.
now,all that had needed to be done was email/call for new sot be sent. took 2 minutes.not happening.
they then screwed me around for the next 3 months.ordered silencer shop

#23 ·
I am going to go with the Larue Tranquilo. It's made for the OBR & tOBR. And I also am going to look and see if the plan on having an adapter made for the M1A. But it will work on all my AR's as well. If the stars align and they speed up the stamps it might be my Christmas present next year. Or if the current pattern remains the summer/fall after next Christmas.

They should put the guy that got through that second batch of emails (650,000) ish in charge of tax stamps. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 ·
I agree with six clicks I don't own one but have shot a silencerco a good bit. With the ratchet attach it is fast on and fast off. If using it with an Ar platform be sure to clean your rifle much more frequently, as the suppressor will make it puke in it self at a much higher rate.

Just my 2 cents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.