M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting a suppressor for m1a, of course when I can afford it. What is the best of the best? looking for the most sound reduction and best quality. Whats the best for an ar15 .223? Thanks for your time and response.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm really happy with my AAC SDN 7.62, but there are a lot of good choices out there now. Be forewarned, the wait time for a tax stamp is getting insane these days. I have two pending that have been awaiting approval for almost ten months now. You'll love it when you get it though!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I shot a Gemtec Quicksand on a Christian Arms CA-10 in 308 a fair amount a few weeks ago.
The quick mount works great. The suppressor did not change the zero at 100 yards.

I used it to kill 2 deer at 155 and 160 yards, they were standing near each other.

A few days later I shot 2 pigs at 80 yards. Killed both with one shot.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I don't own one, nor have I fired one but I have been doing some research and I am intrigued by Thompson Machine. I would want to get some opinions on their effectiveness and quality before I bought, but right now they look like a very good buy considering the price and the features.

http://www.thompsonmachine.net/?page_id=2

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have a shark suppressor (shark precision) and love the thing. My 700 shoots MOA with it on, haven't tried it with an M1A though, you'd need a 5/8x24 adapter to use it. POI shift is less than .5 mil and it's pretty damn quiet, definitely quieter than a .22 shooting a .308 with it on.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Kind of an old thread. Hes prolly got it by now?!

·
Forum Jester
6,893 Posts
i like aac sr7.tried to buy it through aac remington,real bunch of morons. went back to silencer shop.will never deal with aac direct again

1 - 20 of 27 Posts