M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Bergara BMP 6.5 Creed and wondered if anybody with that particular rifle would mind sharing their favorite load as I've not reloaded this cartridge before. Looking to develop a good LD target and shorter range hunting load. Thanks !

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just picked up a Bergara BMP 6.5 Creed and wondered if anybody with that particular rifle would mind sharing their favorite load as I've not reloaded this cartridge before. Looking to develop a good LD target and shorter range hunting load. Thanks !
I use 40.0 grains of H4350 with either a 130 or 140 grain bullet in my ruger with a shaw barrel. Best accuracy I've found thus far and easy to remember!

·
Premium Member
20,855 Posts
I use 40.0 grains of H4350 with either a 130 or 140 grain bullet in my ruger with a shaw barrel. Best accuracy I've found thus far and easy to remember!

I use the same here 40.0 gn H4350 for 130 and 140 Bergers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
How do you like the Bergara BMP chassis? My Bergara B14 HMR has been a treat to shoot; Not sure how far I would want to lug it on my shoulder out in the hills though. No issues except that the trigger adjustment screw was backed out almost all the way when the rifle came out of the box and needed to be tightened a turn or two just to get the trigger up past the minimum pull weight rating. I recently switched it out for a Ttrigger Tech trigger (available directly from Bergara Without the Remington-style bolt release catch) and the trigger pull Is more consistent and less finicky to adjust.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you like the Bergara BMP chassis? My Bergara B14 HMR has been a treat to shoot; Not sure how far I would want to lug it on my shoulder out in the hills though. No issues except that the trigger adjustment screw was backed out almost all the way when the rifle came out of the box and needed to be tightened a turn or two just to get the trigger up past the minimum pull weight rating. I recently switched it out for a Ttrigger Tech trigger (available directly from Bergara Without the Remington-style bolt release catch) and the trigger pull Is more consistent and less finicky to adjust.
I've really come to like this rifle. I think it's a great shooter for the price. I recently sold my M1a and mounted the Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x scope from it on the Bergara. Have been doing load development using 4350 and StaBall 6.5. and having very good results. Shot a 3-shot ladder of StaBall yesterday and had my best group so far at 0.28" at 100 yds. I've loaded up some 10 round ladders at 42.2, 42.4, 42.6 and 43.0 that I'll shoot at 300 yds to make a decision on which load to go with.
I miss the two stage trigger on my Supermatch. Bergara says the rifle comes with the trigger set at 2 lbs but it's still a little heavy for my taste. I might look into swapping triggers if it doesn't void my warranty. Bergara warns against it in their manual but if you got yours through them, then they must be OK with it. I have suppressor in the works that I'm going to add to this rig, hopefully in the next couple of months.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You could buy a Rem 700 trigger from trigger tech (Just specify one without a bolt catch), but the ones they use as an upgrade in the USA manufactured premiere series can be purchased directly from Bergara. That said, trigger tech might have more options if you want a two-stage. Warranty was not an issue for me because with handloads the rifle was already shooting 0.6 moa groups at 200 yards[with a jerk behind the trigger]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts