M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a Beretta muzzle brake on one of my garands years ago, just because. I think I got it from sarco? or maybe ? Anyway, it was meant for a BM-59. Will this be bad for the op-rod on my rifle. I shoot ball 30'06 only in it and not much at that (don't have much and hard to come by around these parts) my volume shooting is with my 308.The brake fits on the end of the rifle, held on by gas plug. It has lots of small holes, actually works nicely.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Beretta used them on their modified Garands (BM59's) and a well known maker sells a similar product for Garands so I would use it and not look back.
By the way I have one on a BM59E ,the same kit that SARCO sells and it shoots and looks like a beauty.
You may have some trouble with your gas plug,Beretta turned these down a couple thousandths on the cap end to get enough clearance so the plug would fit and tighten down on the Break .

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for info

Mine works great, so I'll leave it on and shoot with confidence.It does reduce recoil somewhat, I put it on just because I found one and thought it was cool.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I put one on my Garand .308 tanker and it works great. Had a few complaints about how loud it is from my fellow shooters though!

·
Registered
377 Posts
The BM 59 E brakes are awesome. The reduction in muzzle rise if the biggest benefit ( the recoil reduction is just a plus)

JR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts