M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Beretta M9 last week. I have been looking at them for some time and after I shot one at the range I just had to have it.
Fits the hand real well and a easy pistol to shoot, very accurate
Anyone else here a Beretta fan?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Definitely add me to the Beretta 92 fan list. Bought my first one (American made 92fs) about 5 years ago and has been my primary carry piece ever since. Amazed me just how accurate it was with hot 124 grain Gold Dots. Easily groups less than 2" at 25yds and right at 4" at 50 yds. Not "bullseye competition" accurate but plenty good for a service pistol. Have put around 3k rounds through mine and has always run just like a champ.

Just bought a second one (Italian manufactured 92fs) for my son who, after shooting mine quite a bit, really wanted one as well. He is VERY pleased with it.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
I've always dug the Beretta 92/M9. Buttery smooth slide action. The only thing I don't like is the location and operation of the safety/decocker.

I much prefer the old 92 style frame-mounted safety, or the frame mounted safety-decocker the Taurus version has. They allow cocked-and-locked carry if desired, and a more natural (for me) downward sweep to go "off safe". They also don't interfere with slide manipulations. In competition with the 92 I've accidentally decocked the gun when reloading.

Surprisingly, despite the large grip frame of the 92, my 9-year-old boy didn't have any problem with it.

A year or so later

·
Registered
109 Posts
Picked up a Beretta M9 last week. I have been looking at them for some time and after I shot one at the range I just had to have it.
Fits the hand real well and a easy pistol to shoot, very accurate
Anyone else here a Beretta fan?
Yes I've got one and I love it, its more dependable than my issue one...of course it hasn't been shot by privates and seen 3+ countries of wear and tear and used those cheap airtronics mags, and mine still has the finish on it. Do yourself a favor and get "Made in Italy" mags, you'll never have to worry then, there are also plenty of spare parts you can get, my favorite is the original M9 hammer with the drawing number on it, looks a little more like the issue one. I also saw a real M9 slide not too long ago on Gbroker, not sure where he got that though?

James

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I've got one and I love it, its more dependable than my issue one...of course it hasn't been shot by privates and seen 3+ countries of wear and tear and used those cheap airtronics mags, and mine still has the finish on it. Do yourself a favor and get "Made in Italy" mags, you'll never have to worry then, there are also plenty of spare parts you can get, my favorite is the original M9 hammer with the drawing number on it, looks a little more like the issue one. I also saw a real M9 slide not too long ago on Gbroker, not sure where he got that though?

James

Mine came with "Made in Italy" mags

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
1kperday, your kid looks like he was taught well. better stance than most of the grups i see sometimes.
I selected the best pics. GI6
I do have to remind the kids (and the wife) on occasion to lean into it.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Her's a good question for you 92SF/M9 shooters.

Why did Beretta change from a metallic guide rod to a plastic one?GI2

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
The std mag in the pistola and 2 of the 20s in the mag holder makes for a formidable amount of firepower for the carry weight. I reckon if 16 rounds doesn't cut it and a reload is necessary, I'm loadin the bug sprayers cause the excrement has hit the rotary air velocity device.

My scooter piece is a G26 and has a G19 15 round mag set up, and the 2 back ups are 33s. Texas Border Special. ( La Especial de la Frontera de Tejas for y'all "press one" fans)GI2

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I'm on my second one, a 92fs. I carried one for years at work and now it is my primary concealed carry (yes I'm big). I find them so natural to shoot and they just fit well.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The first handgun I ever bought was a Beretta 92FS in stainless. I bought it in July 2005 and I haven't looked back. The only time it ever malfunctioned was with some reloads I made with the wrong powder. I have no idea how many rounds I have fired through it. I did replace the recoil spring last year though. The original recoil spring is somewhere in this house...

·
Registered
542 Posts
My M9 ROCKS....

Got mine about 3 years ago, shot MANY thousands of rounds thru it....NOT ONE failure to fire. It simply goes BOOM....EVERYTIME.
I shoot only factory Beretta marked mags. Upon purchase, I replaced the plastic guide rod with a Wolff S.S. one, and replaced factory recoil spring with a Wolff 16lb. Added a "D" spring, and carry it in a BlackHawk Serpa holster. The thing is a tack driver with 115 gr. & 124gr. ammo. My carry load is 124gr. Federal Hydra-Shok +P. I can nail someone in the noggin @ 50 yards easy.
Oh, mine is the USMC Commemorative model, a great looking pistol.BLUESDEVIL

·
Registered
789 Posts
Interesting thread.
Is the M9 and the 92fs the same?
I'm going to check one out at my local gun emporium.
Thanks.

GI2
There are some slight changes between the M9A1 currently being fielded and the 92FS but they are minor. Essentially, they are the same. GITEN

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm sure that there's something else different but the only difference I could tell between the M9's issued at Camp Perry's Pistol SAFS and my 92fs was that the rear sight on the M9 has a white outline whereas my 92fs has two dots. Other than that, I couldn't tell any difference.

·
SGT of Marines
332 Posts
I bought mine in 1981 when I was with the MSP STATE Team and our issued weapon was the 4" S&W 357 shooting .38+p+. We were permitted to carry the 9mm when on a call out. At the time there was no M9, or 92F, it was the 92SB, and made in Italy. I did not count rounds but we shot on average 200 to 300 rounds a month. I continue to carry it as my CCW and use it to qualify each year through LEOSA. This year I shot 241 and 250 out of 250 with it. It has never misfired or had any work done to it. We were issued the 92F in about 1986. MSP is now carrying the Baretta .40.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My quick web research, shows the M9 type has a two dot sight, and the 92fs has a three dot setup.
Is the M9 really available for sale, (to the public)?

GI2

1 - 20 of 46 Posts